New toy to break cover at Sydney meet

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
A couple of photos of my Range Rover that will make it's first appearance at Panania-East Hills RSL Club on Sunday December 6th.

I expect a good turn up of interesting vehicles but felt this was too good an opportunity to release the toy to the Site.

As you can see this is no normal Range Rover. Fun to drive but definitely needs the Eaton MP112 I have in line for it.

The car is a 1976 Range Rover with an English aftermarket body on it.

It has some trick stuff under it like 8 Bilstein shocks plus a Bilstein steering damper. The diff housings are reinforced and it runs some fancy springs. The chassis is modded as are the brakes.

I don't think the gearbox likes the 1UZ it is already jumping out of 4th! I can fit a bigger RR gearbox but I think a swap to the Toyo auto and RR transfer case is the real answer with the planned power it will have.

The lextreme sticker was sent over by David and the V8 sticker was given to me by the manufacturer of the body about 8 years ago. As fate would have it I never fitted the manufacturers stickers and when I looked they were the identical colour.

The car has great presence on the road, even truck drivers give way to it.

It's so tall I need to stand on a milk crate to work on the engine!

Finally got around to taking some more shots of my car.

Photo 1 shows the front end with it's heavilly reinforced diff housing.

Photo 2 shows the rear axle assembly.

Suspension wise it has been raised 4" (plus a 2" body lift), it has 4 Bilsteins per axle and runs 8 mudflaps to protect the rear shock and self levleing unit plus to comply with the Law. It also has one to stop stone damage to the Maxidrive airlocker in the rear diff.

The drivetrain is Crown 1UZ coupled to Range Rover LT77 trans with custom adaptor. After the gearbox it is all Rover.

Starter has been moved from the valey to under the engine to make room for a supercharger.

Photo 3 shows the relocated starter and the rear sump oil pan fitted to the mid sump alloy section. The pan has been moved to the left to clear the front diff housing. A new sump will be built on the next engine removal. The original mid sump pick-up still does the job.

Photo 4 shows the tight fit on the right hand side.

It clears the brake line by less than 10mm and the Oxy sensor on the same side misses the chassis by a similar amount. Another thing to alter next time.

Photo 5 shows the r-positioned alternator as the steering box intruded in that area. I don't hace A/c/

Rod,

You relocated the starter and alternator? Very interesting! I was thinking to relocate the alternator at the power steering location. What do u think....

David,

I had to move mine as the steering box lives in the space the alternator used to occupy.

I see ne reason not to move the alternator up higher. You belt run would be the same as mine. Around the crank anti clockwise around the idler (fan pulley or fan pump pulley)clockwise then counterclockwise around the alternator. Counterclockwise over the top idler, counterclockwise over the alternator then clockwise around the tensioner and on to the crank.

Hope that all makes sense.

To get the belt length right I cut my belt and ran it around the system and after moving the tensioner fully against the spring measured how much overlap I had on the belt and purchased a new belt.

The biggest problem was getting the alternator square so the belt ran straight. The alternator will run either direction but it will stay the same if follow my belt run.