1UZ into 89 toy 4x4

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bodomhatecrew

Hey guys Glenn here from Canada i am thinking of replacing my weak 22re in my 89 toyota 4x4 and was looking at the 2jz or the 1uz but i think both need some mods in the truck to get them to fit in since the toy truck doesnt have a huge amount of room under the hood but i was wondering what do you think would be a better way for me to go the 2Jz or the 1uz also what version of the 1uz is the better choice or are they for the most part all the same.
eventually i would like to do this as a mid engine mount with a full twin turbo setup but for now i would like to have it in the stock engine compartment also if i put the 1uz into my truck is it possible to keep the 4wheel drive or would i be out of luck.. also were can i find the fuel mileage on the 1uz in a stock set up. also how much does your fuel mileage drop after some seriouse mods is it as bad as the chev,ford after moding..
peace.

Glenn,

Search under Hilux on this Site there's heaps of information.

You can stay with 4 wheel drive by using a late model auto trans and tranfer case from a Lux.

Do a search and once you read up fire away with any unanswered questions.

Three good places to look are threads by Guts, Twisty and V8Hilux right here on Lextreme.