New MKIII swap mount design

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
all one unit, i hate bolting transmissions to motors under the car

If you have ever put a SR20 into a 240sx or silva for that matter, its about exaclty the same amount of shoehorning. the motor needs to be very vertical when you set it onto the mounts so you lift the trans with a jack so it wont hang, but the motor wont ever get right over top of the mounts so a little push on the stud at the bottom of the mount with the tip of a pry bar to get the stud to drop into the hole. once the very end of the studs are in the holes of the lower mounts and you let the motor down the rest of the way and it finds its right position, this is exacly how i get SR20s in place.

this can be very frustrating for a first time motor swapper or someone who has only put motors in that have lots of firewall clearance, but once you figure out the position it needs it drops in place in seconds.

another thing to note, the motor will never go in with the stock supra break booster in place. so dont even try, (I did arg.)

once i had the motor on the mounts, the trans mount bolts lined up perfectly no drama at all there..

slipway: there seems to be no way to contact you privetly can you shoot me an email [email protected] thanks.

(yes i know troll bots, gmail has awsome spam protection)

Yes, I know, I need to get my contact info added to the site. I already have all of my addresses forwarding to gmail anyway for exactly the reason you list, spam filtering is excellent. Emailed you.

Oops, my mistake. You meant to have Slipway contact you, lol. I saw the response to my question and just missed Slipway's name in there.

so just a quick question do we have any mounts made for 89 and previous supras yet?? I'm going to get my donor car pretty much for free now. I just got to put new leather in the guys GS and add leather to his wife's Avalon. So I'm getting the 87 supra auto turbo with no engien or trans for free, and I'm just working for the sc400 donor. yea!!

so just a quick question do we have any mounts made for 89 and previous supras yet?? I'm going to get my donor car pretty much for free now. I just got to put new leather in the guys GS and add leather to his wife's Avalon. So I'm getting the 87 supra auto turbo with no engien or trans for free, and I'm just working for the sc400 donor. yea!!

Nope, nothing yet. I am working on it though. I am actually getting ready to head out the door to a local salvage yard in search of the factory steel mount stands from an early (86.5 - mid 89) Supra so that I can modify my jig to start producing the mounts for the early subframe Supra's. With any luck I can have something within the next week or two.

if you just need the mounts not the crossmember itself I can send you mine I have my car completely torn down as far as the engine bay. Thanks for the info. Will buy when you get them ready. Price not a big deal since I haven't put any money into the rest of the car/swap. Thanks if there is anything I can help with let me know.

also I was wondering about the drive shaft and booster do I have to have a smaller booster. Can I use the drive shaft from the SC or the supra or have the supra one modified? Remember I have a complete SC400 donor car just wrecked on the right side. thanks again for all the help

also I was wondering about the drive shaft and booster do I have to have a smaller booster. Can I use the drive shaft from the SC or the supra or have the supra one modified? Remember I have a complete SC400 donor car just wrecked on the right side. thanks again for all the help

I'll PM you about the mounts.

Are you planning on auto of 5sp? If you are planning on auto, then the best bet is to get a supra auto and swap the bellhousing. If you would rather use the SC trans, then a custom trans mount will need to be made and a custom drive shaft will have to be made also. Using a Supra auto will eliminate those custom needs. If you are planning on 5sp, then just an adapter for the bellhousing swap is needed. As for the booster, yes a different booster is needed. The best on for the job is still in question. I am thinking that the unit form an 87 toyoto pickup would be the best one but I dont think that all options have been explored as of yet. One of those options that I am working on at the moment is a manual brake conversion adapter. This adapter is compensate for the booster assist so the peddle effort should not be effect or atleast not enough to make a that noticable difference.

HEEEEEEEYYY!!!

CAN U PM ME about those mounts TOO?!?! MY baby Has been w8n She has been sittn cuz im w8n on other parts as well, but i got my wire harness sent off, i gotta send my 1uz bellhousing to superunner so he can make me a 1off bellhousing, cuz he already has my r154 bellhousing. after that i jus need some mounts and its reassembly time. If i could get some pre89 mounts it would save me a great deal of time and pain.

CAN U PM ME about those mounts TOO?!?! MY baby Has been w8n She has been sittn cuz im w8n on other parts as well, but i got my wire harness sent off, i gotta send my 1uz bellhousing to superunner so he can make me a 1off bellhousing, cuz he already has my r154 bellhousing. after that i jus need some mounts and its reassembly time. If i could get some pre89 mounts it would save me a great deal of time and pain.

I am working on getting a set of the stock pre89 7M supra mount stand so that I can work out the details for the pre89 UZ swap mount stands. Hopefully within the next week or two, I will have the first prototype set complete. I am still waiting on the part for several sets of the post89 mount stands to be cut on the laser at work, but that wont effect the 1st set of mounts for the pre89 as they will most likely have to be hand cut and fitted just as I had to with the 1st set of post89 mounts that I made.

I am working on getting a set of the stock pre89 7M supra mount stand so that I can work out the details for the pre89 UZ swap mount stands. Hopefully within the next week or two, I will have the first prototype set complete. I am still waiting on the part for several sets of the post89 mount stands to be cut on the laser at work, but that wont effect the 1st set of mounts for the pre89 as they will most likely have to be hand cut and fitted just as I had to with the 1st set of post89 mounts that I made.

Right about now I am wishing I lived closer! My bell housing is scheduled for delivery on Thursday which means I can actually do a test fit into my '87! Just have to get my hands on a hoist again :)

hey chris, i know youre busy making eveybody mounts, but have you made any progress on your own car? i can wait to have some other 1uz supras to meet up with.

Attachments

• BM1Dyno.jpg
    BM1Dyno.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 162
hey chris, i know youre busy making eveybody mounts, but have you made any progress on your own car? i can wait to have some other 1uz supras to meet up with.

I know your question was directed towards Chris, but if everything goes well, I plan on driving down to St. Louis, MO from SW MI in early summer (hopefully June) pending completion of the 1UZ swap into my '87. Not sure how far that is away from Oak Ridge but I would be interested in getting together as well. I am hoping to meet with The Flea as well since he now lives in St. Louis and has started back up on working on shoe horning the 1UZ into his TE27 Corolla.

GT400 my supra is all togather and running, just gotta wait till thursday to link my headers to my cat back exhaust so its not so loud my nabors call the city when i start it up.

I have a 1UZ in a Oct. 1986 NA MK3 5 speed supra. I am using the stock w58 tranny mount on a 1989 MK3 supra r154. I used the 1JZ bell houseing and the adapter from cowboy bebop. I made my own engine mounts and I am still using the stock supra booster. If there are any questions about the mounts I can try to help and I might be able to have my mounts blueprinted if there was Interest but I would need to take them out and thats just not very fun.