Making a custom bellhousing....questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JDMfantasy

We don't have the money to buy a custom bellhousing from overseas, so were going to try and make a custom bellhousing ourselves. This bellhousing will mate an R154 gearbox to a 1UZ. I have a 1UZ bellhousing and an R154 bellhousing. What is the best way to weld the two sections together so everything lines up? How long (mm) should it be overall so everything fits as it should?
At this point, were not sure which clutch or flywheel set up were going to use, but we need to get the bellhousing done so we can put everything together and make up the motor mounts.
Also if anyone has any solid clutch/flywheel information, that would be helpful as well. I know its not a common swap, but there has to be some solid info out there. I know I might be able to figure some of this out myself, but I'm away at school and don't have the car here to look at and work off of, so anything to help me out would be more than appreciated. Thanks alot to anyone that can help.

don't want to shoot you down, but making a custom bellhousing would require some serious work.... if you want one from scratch, you'd have to mock one up, make a mould, then cast that mould. The other way would require heaps of machining and welding of a combination of factory bellhousings, which too would cost bucketloads. You could always make an adaptor plate if you're competant which would be easier than a bellhousing, but face it, having one sent from Australia would be cheaper and easier than doing the work yourself. A bellhousing from Oz costs around the $400-$450 AUD mark plus ~$50 for shipping.... then you could pick up a 3sgte flywheel and clutch locally and have that modified to fit.....

an adaptor plate would cost you heaps as alloy plate is quite expensive, then you have to factor in custom recessed bolts and some machining time.... plus you have to have the tools for the job....

face it, it is a pain in the backside, but best bet is still to get what you need from the proven range from Oz. Like i said, the bellhousing is he main part, everything else you can find locally......

If we were to purchase an entire kit from CRS or Dellow, are there any clutch options? If they only offer one option for a clutch, what clutches would work with their kits. Does anyone out there make a complete 1UZ to R154 kit with clutch options?

CRS have a complete kit for a 1uzfe to R154. It is complete basically with everything that is needed. The clutch is heavy duty Toyota used on the 3Ltr turbo diesel. I can't remember the the exact price , but I think it was around $1700 AUS.
If you any other questions please ask.

Warren

Quadcob said:
CRS have a complete kit for a 1uzfe to R154. It is complete basically with everything that is needed. The clutch is heavy duty Toyota used on the 3Ltr turbo diesel. I can't remember the the exact price , but I think it was around $1700 AUS.
If you any other questions please ask.

Warren
just an fyi, the CRS kit is only 1100 Australian, and is what i'll be using for my swap.