LS470

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I kno I kno! i have so many people following this build and I get an e-mail/reply almost every day about this finish date. i just called my builder yesterday state-to-state and he said he's just waiting for firmware updates so it's very close. I am concentrating on school at the moment so have not been neck deep in details. I am hoping thanksgiving break i can have a finished product, but i hope it gets finished faster. Sorry for the major Lag, I am over here in a strict automotive college and everyone is flossing new rides, new mods and i have a beater LS, instead of a 400hp LS haha. I will sure stir up toruble when it reaches colorado shores.

I have a kid dying to race me with a 4.6L GT stang with cams, tune, 5-speed and a 50shot. I have vendettas all over this campus! lol

haha, all I want for X-mas is my running 4.7 setup!!! If I knew my builder was so hair brained with tuning I would have had a straightforward piggyback installed instead. From what lex told me there are 3 of us that have UZ engines with adaptronic EMS that have not wired/tuned yet... so i'm hoping this Dec I can get something to show for the last 4 months.

Like I said it's fully assembled, wired up, sitting on dyno rollers right now, just need someone who's competent with software/firmware reflashing and knows how to make it happen in a timely matter. I will be back on my 4.7L project Dec 13th, I have roughly a week of school left out here.

I have been driving my second LS400 as a daily driver for so long I forgot what boost feels like :mad:

Last edited:
Sorry for the dead end guys. I finished the engine and as you know it never went anywhere. Im suppsoed to be home in about a week and the 4.7L ***WILL*** be installed into my sc400 for a proper break in with the stock ecu and injectors.

Once broken in I plan to install the Adaptronic e420 thats been collecting dust inside my downed LS.

I really want to have something to show for this all summer effort and im positive I will have it running very soon. Sorry for the let down, I know some of you wanted to see/hear the finished product. Give me about a week or 2 and I should have fresh pics and a vid of the hybrid setup!

any updates? I am currently starting my 4.7 block swap.

Tundra block
1uz rods
2uz crank
SC sump
custom Ross pistons (not sure if im gonna go FI yet, so may keep stock compression)
some mild aftermarket cams (not sure which yet)
and some aftermarket valves/springs/retainers (still researching here too)

I like your engine mounts! I will be making some like these as well.

sorry for the bad news but i ended up selling my LS400 and my built 4.7L a few months back because I had to move to Detroit for a new job working for Ford. I parted out my SC and LS, sold the 4.7L and ended up buying Lex's white GS400. My life has been extremely busy for the last year and a half and I havent had much time to contribute to the forum or by projects. I sold the engine to Lex and he sold it to a forum member on here. I keep forgetting who bought it but im sure he will start a thread on it fairly soon.

Eckzlexus,

Your build should do just fine. Even stock compression will support huge hp with a safe tune. If you install the ross forged pistons in 10:1 you can still support 500BHP easy.

Regarding the cams, Lextreme regrinds are top notch. At one point I ordered a set off of Lex but never got around to installing them. Very high quality lobe finish. I know Kelford offer a true billet cam but originally they offered regrinds for the 1UZ. Lex's cams come with lash caps that fit between the buckets and the valve tips so all thats required is a valve spring upgrade and lash adjustment. I you want upgraded retains Lex also offers titanium versions as well.

As for the engine mounts, Thank you. These were fabbed up by Lex himself. He gave me a pair of steel cut flanges that were 100 custom but designed for the SC, not the LS and they did not fit. I ended up having him take the metal base plate that bolts to the block (4 bolts) and had it made out of aluminum and then simply band saw'ed the OEM plates off and re-welded the 4.7L versions on. If you have an SC, Les sells bolt on mounts as well. Lots of luck man.. I test drove one of Lex's 4.7L hybrids with cams and a high stall running OEM tune and it MOVED. Instantaneous tq off the line... full burnouts with 1/4 throttle. Felt a lot like how I would assume a 5.7l 3ur would feel like in the SC.