LS470

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Just got a new set of engine mounts fabbed up yesterday and everything solved. The LS400 has wider spaced engine mounts and the 4.7 mounts were too short for my application. We ended up solving it by cutting out a base plate out of aluminum and welded the stock mounts to it. Spending my weekend plugging everything back in.

here's some pics:

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg
IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

Nice job on the mounts there! Simple and effective! While the engine is out, it'll be easy to put on a set of hi-performance headers. You'll love the sound of the opened up 1UZ exhaust.

ASAP was the keyword for couple days. I knew what I need to do to help outl. Got a new alumimum plate and weld the stock mount to it. It is only 3/8" wider on each side but the rubber mount gives also. Looks perfect....

So far I just finished heli-arch welding my intake/intercooler pipes and finished installing wideband and gauges. Just basically waiting for a tow truck and the go-ahead from my builder. I think Aug 1st or 2nd I should have it up at my builder's shop. I need to leave Californai Aug 20th so time is ticking! I hav a few small bits needing attention like a bent fuel supply line and bent ATF cooler line as well as a timing belt tensioner that needs to be fabbed taller but it's small potatoes overall. I am hoping nothing leaks for 1st startup.. I always get a little nervous that everything was done right but time will tell. I am hoping a couple days to wire the Adaptronic and another few days for the other small items. I should be able to give some numbers and description of improvement over 1uz setup in the near future.

Here's a pic of the new intake and new Tranny cooler install:

IMG_0313-1.jpg

IMG_0314-1.jpg

IMG_0315-1.jpg

Thank You david. The Lex master at work here guys. Any time there's something new on the rise there's always someone that needs to be the ginni pig. The aluminum plate idea was far better than bolting it up with recessed bolts. I suppose we could have gone 1 step furthur and shaved the plate from the OEM mount to compensate for the taller mount dimensions but overall no prob. I had to add a single washer to all 6 strut studs to clear my strut bar but no biggie, still have a few mm hood clearance ;) So I guess you can say the engine sits maybe a cm taller than stock?

Great fix David, you-da-man.

Right now i'm pulling out the rest of my "hot pipe" intercooler sections so I can have these welded like the pass. side. Currently I have 5 silicone couplers and 10 T-bolt's attaching the blower-TO-IC section thats only around 2.5 feet long... lot of unneccessary sections that I would like 1-piece. What is everyone paying for heli-arc welds? I got five 3'' tube sections welded beautifully but it cost me $90 for the five welds. Anyone know if i'm getting ripped off here? Be blunt please! haha

Small Q-

Does it matter where I loctae my bypass valve goes as far as pasasitic loss goes? I am under the thinking that I should put my TIAL BOV as close to the blower as possible so that when it's open at low rpm/idle the air bleeds out immidiatly instead of "pushing" it's way through the intercooler and thus, causing more pasasitic loss to the crank. Is this incorrect?

Your supercharger setup has an advantage over the turbo set up because it doesn't create as much heat as the turbo setup, therefore, you can put any cooler pretty much anywhere as you want to.

As far as your concern about the BOV location, it won't matter on the parasitic loss. The BOV only vents out the air before the air kicks back to the blower and damages it. At the same time, the blower still needs to spin as long as you rev up the engine.

I think if the BOV is near the blower, it actually will slow down the response time of the next cycle the air will be pushed toward the TB. When the TB is closed and the BOV is open, the air will travel a long distance due to the long pipe before it'll be vented out. Also, when you press on the gas at that time, the blower will start to pressurise the new air and this new air will have to push a large volume of the old air that's still trapped inside the intake and finding its way back to the BOV that's near the blower. This is where the negative side effect is.

The good location of the BOV should be near the TB, where the old air can be vented out right away after the TB is closed. And when the blower starts a new cycle, the new air will push the old air and while this old air always tries to find its way to the BOV toward the TB, both air will go in the same direction and there's only a little conflict in the direction of both air.

I suppose we could have gone 1 step furthur and shaved the plate from the OEM mount to compensate for the taller mount dimensions but overall no prob.
Great fix David, you-da-man.
We could shave the OEM mount but since you need to install the engine urgently, we that was the best choice. No doubt if we can shave 3/8" off the stock mounts will be a perfect fit. Nevertheless, I can not wait for the first LS470 Hybri Style.

These LS400 mounts are actually very easy to make. Take a 3/8'' plate of aluminum with holes drilled based on the 4.7 mounting locations, then take the stock aluminum LS400 mount and trim off the bottom 3/8'' plate off leaving the hollow casting, then we re-attach to the 4.7 cutout = 1.5uzfe mounts.

Question=

Does anyone know of a decent aluminum recycler in southern california? I have my 1uzfe block stripped w/ only the seel liners left. I went to a local recycler here in Murrieta and I laughed when the counter guy told me 25cents/pound. Aluminum cans go for $1.60/lb!!! Anyone tried this before?

Some questions about the 1.5UZFE engine mounts, it looks like the width ( 105 mm ) is the same on the
1UZFE and the 2UZFE mounts, how much does the height differs between the lower and the upper bolts
on the 1UZFE ( 60 mm ) and the 2UZFE ?

Is the placement of the 2 upper bolts on the block the same between the 1UZFE and the 2UZFE ?

Is the bolt holes for the 2 lower bolts placed lower on the 2UZFE block ?

They are about 1/2" in height. 2uzfe is alot lower. About 1/16" width difference. The two holes for the lower bolts are around 1/16" different. Need to bore it slightly.

To avoid confusion, I did not express myself good enough, and a picture is better than a thousand words.

This is the bolt pattern on the 1UZFE blocks, what is the measurements on the 2UZFE, height and width ?

well that looks very close... just write down measurements for the inner most 4 bolt holes on the 4.7 and ignore the frontmost 2. Just cut the plate and drill, and the only change to this design I would reccomend would be to cut off the base plate from the original mount after tracing the base so the holes line up, then by taking the plate off you have the same finished engine height. With the added 3/8'' the engine ends up almost 3/8'' taller. but not a problem, strut bar required an extra washer.

Update-

The adaptronic is a single wire away from being fuly installed. Laptop software installed and loaded w/ base map. Just waiting for new injector plugs before a first startup can happen. Way too excited to talk about it lol

Dude tell me about it. I am so down to the wire I just finished e-mailing all my teachers that I will be missing 1st week of school... just to finish up this angry ex wife :)

I just cam as close as I ever had today, reworked my e420c and dumped the batch firing mode and the engine came closer to turning over but no luck yet. I finished readjusting my timing belt, as it skipped a tooth and spent $100 on used Hyundai injector clips as I was sick of wasting time replacing mine.

I have been driving 2 hours both ways every day for the past 2 weeks and now it's to the point where it's out of my hands. My tuner/builder is tinkering with my EMS, and so far I only have 2 hours to show for, as far as setting up the EMS. The engine wants to turn over, and comes VERY close to but I stopped because the engine smells like fuel and I think it's getting flooded.

I suspect either a fuel pump or the spark maps, not too sure yet.

Thanks for the support guys.

Redpheonix-

I was talking with David and I want to say he said you were planning a 4.7 build too?