lost power after idle

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mightyhilux4x4

ill try to describe the problem as best i can so bear with me

1) start up hot and cold fine (((awsome))

2) give it a boot full and it revs hard (excellent)

3) increase rev from idle to say 1500-2000(dont have rev counter yet)
gets to 1500-200 and revs drop back to almost stall hold the throttle at same position and then it picks up again to same 1500-2000 the falls.. take foot of throttle and it resumes a good idle ((( this is the problem)))

Hello Grant

I suggest giving the TPS a bit of a tweek. I generally mark its present position and just move it a bit to see if it makes a difference. I dont think I have many good ones left as they often give problems. Air flow metres also are giving a few problems now. Good luck and give me a yell if you need more advice , and I know im hard to get hold of. Cheers

had a tweek with the tps it did increase the rpm at idle but that was it ...my god son (19yrs) asked if the same problem existed when driving ?? i said dont know.so off we go for a blast down the road and the problem vanished!! returned home to find a smooth idle a quick and steady response to the throttle no dead spot nothing.. the only thing that changed is the temp...so im wondering was the choke still engaged i don,t know..any ideas.... :?:

Report this post