lexus v8 to getrag clutch-now available

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
mine is running into problems.... ill be gone for 5 weeks june 20th.... then 15 days later i have college... ugg

hopefully when i come back from greece the flywheel will be finnished along with all the other parts.

I wish i could be the first!

I am hoping to have my Supra running before to long ,engine is sitting in the engine bay. Turbo manifolds are finished, dump pipes started, intercooler pipework in the next few days, New wiring loom underway.Just hanging for the adaptor plate to set-up the TRD twin plate flywheel.

Mine turn up the other day and is now fitted to the engine.I have measured everything up and a new flywheel is being made to suit the TRD clutch.The quality of the adapter is very very good.

Looks like I have finally come across what could be a decent 6 speed box, with Eric’s adapter plate, am I able to use a os giken twin plate clutch and flywheel? Or will the plate only allow me to use a custom size flywheel?

If you have the OS giken for the 2JZGTE, it is possible to use it. It will require slotting the holes to match the bolt pattern for the 1UZ crankshaft, and it will also require milling off the teeth and grafying on the 1UZ ring gear.

But it you want a 2 or 3 disc clutch (and you don't already have a OS giken), you might as well look at what is being discussed in this thread.

I am using the trd twin plate.By the time you turn the ring gear teeth off and slot the holes,then allow for the differance in the clutch setback. A custom 4340 billet flywheel at $630 (ring gear of my flew plate fitted ) PRICELESS.

Did you like the "of flew plate" (off my flex plate) .I have taken some pics and will put them up soon.

turboandrew said:
If you have the OS giken for the 2JZGTE, it is possible to use it. It will require slotting the holes to match the bolt pattern for the 1UZ crankshaft, and it will also require milling off the teeth and grafying on the 1UZ ring gear.

But it you want a 2 or 3 disc clutch (and you don't already have a OS giken), you might as well look at what is being discussed in this thread.

Only reason I ask is, OS is the only multi disk clutch I will ever use. Very un-impressed with what else was around.

I have had a good run out of the trd (exedy clutch).The 2jz was making over 600 Australian rwhp and has spent many hours on the track.So Iam hoping in will take the extra loading of a twin turbo 1uz-fe.If not a triple/quad plate maybe in order.

Interesting your Exedy held up, below is the mess mine made on a mild tune car making 500rwhp, good for quite a bit more if I had ditched the F-con ecu.
(Note: the clutch had only been in for 3 days, and had about 48 hours driving time)

CIMG07872eJPGmsgBF2B8030-CEF6-446A-.jpg

I’ve had good experience with Jim Berry clutches, but he just couldn’t get the pedal feel that the OS ones were giving.

Attachments

• HPIM0087.JPG
    HPIM0087.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 7
500 rwhp on a kevlar plate . Queensland/Australia is full of clutch
experts that push single plate up-rated clutches and quote that they are up to the task. Most will put a new plate on a upgraded std diafram when a multi plate
set-up is what is needed to do the job.

Attachments

• r 083.jpg
    r 083.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 6
  • r 087.jpg
    r 087.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 6
  • r 086.jpg
    r 086.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 5
stage 1 clutch on a 500whp car?!?!

you have breached the holding capacity of that clutch. the supra 2jzgte boys are pouting that the exedy multiplate is very good.

actual ratings of clutch torque load is false, or should i say inconsistant between manufactures. i forgot where i read or was told but those figures are usually over rated in some cases.