Lexus V8 into Mazda b2200 pickup

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fragmented

Great site, lots of good info..

Week one - bought pickup

Hi - newbie here........

My last two cars were rotary, RX7 & Cosmo, came across this little rotary converted pickup truck.

Wanting power + economy + reliability sort of rules out the rotary so I think it's time to look at Lexus. Just need to measure the available space.

Anyone know if this has been done before - I'm guessing it has.

Couple of pics of how it now - wish me luck.

Hi Chris

I'm in Solihull - just by the NEC

My conversion is a little way off, only had the truck a week and need to sell the Rotary lump first.

Would like to see what yours, I get around the country quite a bit will get back next time I'm heading Cheshire way.

John

Ok got myself a donor - now the questions start.

How to sort out what wiring to keep and what to bin.
What's the easiest - most practical way of going about the electrics.

A question for those who've don this truck conversion.
Did you keep the original dif, and if not what did you swap it for.

Can I tel anything form the engine pic.

John

Ok got myself a donor - now the questions start.

How to sort out what wiring to keep and what to bin.
What's the easiest - most practical way of going about the electrics.

A question for those who've don this truck conversion.
Did you keep the original dif, and if not what did you swap it for.

Can I tel anything form the engine pic.

John

Hi John,

I'm in Redditch about 10 mins away. I've wired up two of the LS 400 engines so youre welcome to come and take a gander at what I've done.

Cheers,

Tony

Hi Tony

That's great, here we are on the World Wide Web and get a reply from 10 miles away.

Have you wired these engines as transplants.

Would love to come over and get some advice.

John

do you NEED ps? or just want it? because if it's not ps now, and it's not rack and pinion - then you're in for a wonderful exercise in expense.

check for recirc ball steering and if it is, then you either need to convert to R&P to get ps, or try and graft in some F100 steering box with fluid lines to suit.

Hi Tony

That's great, here we are on the World Wide Web and get a reply from 10 miles away.

Have you wired these engines as transplants.

Would love to come over and get some advice.

John

Hi John,

Yes both are transplants into Cobras.

I'll pm you my contact details.

Re power steering I just got a Rover 200/400 power steering pump from a scrappy, removed the original AC pump to create a location on the engine , made a bracket, attached the pulley off the Lexus PS pump onto the rover pump, a fluid reservoir from a scrappy and a set of hydraulic hoses made to measure and bobs your mother's brother.

Cheers,

Tony

Hi Tony

Must come and have a look see.

As you're in Redditch you must know of the monthly meet at Brittanic Assurance by Beckets Farm island - do ever get there?

John

Hi Tony

Must come and have a look see.

As you're in Redditch you must know of the monthly meet at Brittanic Assurance by Beckets Farm island - do ever get there?

John

Yep its normaly held on the same Sunday as the local Cobra meet so we spend the morning up to 12.30 at the Brittanic meet and then go onto the Black boy in Knowle for a couple of pints, lunch and Cobra biased chatting.

Cheers,

Tony