Lexus 1/4 mile times...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
UZZ30-Québec said:
how bout the fuel economy with the new T/C, is the car more thristy in city driving?

and why is the car slower on top speed when the stall speed is higher??? i don't understand this point.
If you notice all the stock 400's are slugs from launch, but these same stock cars have a little pep at high rpms...Torque is transferred and not just created from installing the upgraded torque converter...Your top end torque is robbed slightly and transferred to lowend torque (stall rate)... Gas mileage is the same if not better because your car actually moves from a dead stop now, rather then giving the throttle gas and going nowhere fast and wasting fuel...

Wdoherty and Xir- I think I saw that video, but again that was a manual tranny and not an auto that ran the 9 second quarter...I believe it was a white SC300 if I am not mistaken....

i was under the impression they have a higher stall speed (where the TC transfers the power at a higher RPM). So your motor runs at a higher RPM to get off the line (more gas). and if the dragon TC's dont lock up like the stock ones gas mileage all around will not be up to par with stock.

Tap the gas and the car jerks forward with the Dragon torque converter..It takes getting use to in order to drive the car normally like stock....Let's just say the throttle becomes very responsive, don't see how fuel can be wasted with that...The stock converter you tap or floor the gas from a dead stop and the car lurks forward faily slowely until the RPM's climb then the car kicks..Not so with an upgraded torque converter and I don't notice higher rpms, rev changes and or any different engine operations... This is a drive train mod....

I think the Lock-up torque converter system is inside the trans and you can still lock-it up even with another T-C

seems to be a very cool mod, but i got used to the slow take of and kinda like it for sunday cruises. But braking is kinda hard with the A/C on, often the engine keeps running AT 900-1000rpm and wants to move so it requires harder braking.

jibbby said:
Torque converter and nos and approx 300rwhp or more = no traction in first gear period....slicks or no slicks... Car would wheelie if the traction was 100% from launch or something would break for sure....
converter would flash or engine would bog. most likely converter would flash. 400rwhp is not enough to make your car wheelie :)

what is the stall speed of your converter? my 3k stall is not enough in the buick, i'm gonna have them restall it to 3200 or 3400 i think

xirforever said:
i was under the impression they have a higher stall speed (where the TC transfers the power at a higher RPM). So your motor runs at a higher RPM to get off the line (more gas). and if the dragon TC's dont lock up like the stock ones gas mileage all around will not be up to par with stock.
higher stall converters, unless you're talking 4,000rpm+ do not act any different than stock converters unless power is applied. drive your car normally and the converter will not reach its stall speed.

UZZ30-Québec said:
I think the Lock-up torque converter system is inside the trans and you can still lock-it up even with another T-C

seems to be a very cool mod, but i got used to the slow take of and kinda like it for sunday cruises. But braking is kinda hard with the A/C on, often the engine keeps running AT 900-1000rpm and wants to move so it requires harder braking.
its both actually. you can use a nlu converter on a stock trans no problem. depending on the trans though, such as a 200 4r in my buick, if you're running a nlu converter you can have a certain passage in the trans blocked off to make the whole drivetrain nlu. the point to this is lost to me at the moment but it probably has somehting to do with not routing fluid to an unused part of the trasnmission increasing line pressure just a tap.

UZZ30-Québec said:

Seems to be a very cool mod, but i got used to the slow take of and kinda like it for sunday cruises. But braking is kinda hard with the A/C on, often the engine keeps running AT 900-1000rpm and wants to move so it requires harder braking.[/QUO

I don't know how anyone can get use to slow takeoffs, but if you say so I believe you... Takeoffs can still be slow with the DTC but you just need to barely touch the gas...I still can get gentle take offs, but if I slam the gas pedal, tha car bolts forward or rears break loose one of the two....This mod was my most impressive mod to my car except for the nos system... A must mod for the SC400's in my opinion...It really transforms the cars dynamics and feel...I love it....

Oh, and I forgot what the stall rate is with the DTC, it has been over a year since that mod change.. I would say it is very aggresive stall rate....

Turbs, as far as your poor braking is concerned, try installing a set of drilled/slotted brake rotos front and back with OEM pads...That should increase your braking performance by 25% or more, it did with me.... Despite what people think I would not change out my D/S rotors if you paid me, big difference for the better I kid you not..

Infact, I did the same with my 1993 Toyota Landcruiser a few months ago....The braking was very poor and almost dangerous, so I installed a set of new drilled and slotted rotors front and rear with a set of good brake pads and again to my suprise my braking power changed dramatically for the better....A extimated 30% increase in braking power was gained just with that change...Try it and I promise you won't be dissapointed...Ebay has those D/S rotors for cheap.... After a year of hard braking on my SC4 there is no evidence of warping or cracking with the new rotors....

jibbby said:
Wdoherty and Xir- I think I saw that video, but again that was a manual tranny and not an auto that ran the 9 second quarter...I believe it was a white SC300 if I am not mistaken....
Yeah that's it. You know its harder to run a 9 with a manual than an auto, right jibby? Drag racer's almost always use auto's with high stall torque converter's. Running a 9 on a manual is quite a feat in any car. There aren't many out there. Btw, i guess you didn't make it to the track this week. You gotta do it man, its fun too.

WD -Yeah it was the white SC and it ran with another SC and it did 9 seconds or so.... I wish my car could do 9 seconds that would be rediculous... I would be king of the road in my neck of the woods...9 Seconds is scary fast....I would be happy with 11 seconds...I think that is a dream too with the auto lexus tranny...

Those dragsters are using elite auto trannies...I promise you they are not running the stock Lexus auto trannies..:veryhappy Could you imagine??? Here on the strip we now have a 1500hp 572 Biown Chevy funny car and amazingly enough it is running on a stock lexus automatic tranny by the owners choice..------. Red, Yellow, Green and their off...Look at that lexus auto tranny goooooooo!!!!!!! (Boom!!!!!!):approve:

11 sec street car is damn fast. I think even a mid 12 sec street car would do it for me, that's fast. I think everyone is desensitized about how fast they should run by ridiculously fast cars they see on the net that aren't really street cars.

WD - I've been in the Z06 Vette and that is an 11 second car and too me that was so fast and smoothe 0-60mph... That car would smoke my SC...I don't think it would be close...So yes a true 11 second car is sick......9 seconds is crazy insane fast in a street car....

Oh, and my car is stuck in muffler shop over the weekend, reworking those downpipes to properly fit the S&S Headers...Brought it in too late on Friday...

jibbby said:
WD - I've been in the Z06 Vette and that is an 11 second car and too me that was so fast and smoothe 0-60mph... That car would smoke my SC...I don't think it would be close...So yes a true 11 second car is sick......9 seconds is crazy insane fast in a street car....

Oh, and my car is stuck in muffler shop over the weekend, reworking those downpipes to properly fit the S&S Headers...Brought it in too late on Friday...
An 11 sec street car, like the new z06 is a seriously fast car. That's good your getting the exhuast matched up right. I hope you can make it next week.

the old z06 was an 11 second street car..

me? braking was someone else

aggressive stall is highly dependent on car. aggressive stall for my buick? 4000-4500..

my stock stall is 2600..

most magazine's post the new Z06 as running 11.6 to 11.8 and i looked at the C5 ZO6 and most stock were running mid to high 12's. Of course a slightly moddified old z06 could run 11's, as with any lsX motor.

Well, like I said I had the luxury of experiencing a new Z06 that was completely new and stock with under 5000 miles on it, and it was fast...trust me, 1st gear goes up to 60mph with no problem and the car can really move 0-60mph in like 4 seconds... My SC4 would be trailing and spinning out trying to keep up while shifting gears, and I would definetely be trailing... Maybe there is a letoff in Z06 after 60moh if it only makes 11.8.. I did not have a chance to experience 2nd gear hammered..., but from what I could tell that 1st gear is something wicked on the new Z06 vette's...Oh and the off the line traction in neck jerking...I think it has an advanced traction control system too, because we could not roast the tires floored, the car just seems to grip and move....VERY IMPRESSIVE.... I want one!!!!

Even 300rwhp wouldn't be enough hp to break a set of 26/8/15 slicks lose on a prepared drag strip , so suspension is pretty irrelevant at this stage.

Attachments

• IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 3
jibbby said:
I disagree, A light weight drag car, geared for lowend, would break loose with 300whp...A very light weight car...
I agree. A 300 whp Acura (manual tranny) with around 2500 lbs can break loose at a dead stop. It's a moderately fast car. Anyway, I have a little story to tell. Yesterday, I raced with a 3rd gen. Toyota MR2 (stock engine '90 model). The MR2 has an upgraded t3/t4 turbo and runs about 10 psi (I asked the driver). It took off a lot quicker than me, but when my stock SC400 and the MR2 were driving at around 50 mph, the MR2 was only a little bit faster to get to 80 mph before my SC. However, one thing that I noticed was that the MR2 spinned and screeched the street at about 30 mph in its second gear. I guess the guy wanted to show off. Damn, I like that. I wish my SC could do that.

Steve, you race lunatic lol j/k. It was good run for the stock SC4. Just Turbo charge that nice car of yours and you should smoke that guy next time no problem. About the screetching wheels is not that hard if you have a bit more power. I do that now if I step on it at a stop.