Its EMS Time! cool!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
nyuk nyuk.

Existing ECU doesnt have sequential possibilities, there's only 4 outputs (quite old EMS ECU)... but we're planning on an ECU upgrade at some stage to M8 so we're pre planning already and making sure anything we purchase is usable on both systems, IE individual coils instead of purchasing more dual's which was what were orginally going to do.

anyway blah blah.

At the end of the day its 12 tooth crank, and cam gear for sync and lots of dumb q's to the peter and peter at EMS!

I have used Honda coils before with no problems, not that exact model though AFAIK.

Are they suitable for your application? They are designed for CDI use (not inductive),if you try and use them for a normal inductive setup you could well fry your ignitors.
You will have no problems with the bosch coils (other than fitting/looks etc). They are fairly cheap and they work well.
Remember if you get the coils under the covers they will need some cooling.

I actually got told exactly the same thing last night by a guy named bill croft (who's a bit of an underground distributor for Motec... but also the largest NSW distributor for Motec)

I think the setup we're going with will be the Bosch coils (dont have a part no yet) and 4 2 channel bosch ignitors (124's I think he said) running wasted spark (due to our older version EMS ECU)... but those parts are ready for the M8 when the time comes. Coils will be mounted on an aluminium plate replacing the plastic spark plug cover.
I'll be going over it with him in detail (and therefore getting a better understanding) one night early next week as he wants to look at a few other options for us as well.

I think the bosch option is the easiest, its compatable with everything and more importantly it works.
If you can keep the coils near the stock location it will help a lot, then you can use stock ignition leads etc.
If you use the bosch 124 ignitor you will need an ECU that sets the dwell time. I know the Motec, Autronic SM4 can do this, can the EMS?
The 124, 200, 203, 211 are dumb ignitors and don't control the dwell time, hence your ECU must.
If you need an ignitor which can control dwell time then the good old 008 is for you.

Don't be cheap, buy the proper bosch ignitor not an aftermarket copy such as the ACA. Spend the money and you won't have to replace them all the time. The copies are not reliable.

Yeah - the EMS we use controls dwell - does 3.5ms sound about right?

Coils he suggested were quoted at $70 per... does seem right to you?

We may be able to get hold of CoP off of 2UZ (a wrecker in the states just got back to me saying they can get them, but didnt include $$$!) so we may go that route - one more thing to discuss, ponder and masturbate, oops, Im mean procrastinate over. :redface:

yeah 3.5ms should be fine, its a pretty standard number. Coil price seems about right.

I think a few of people may be interested in the 2uz COP setup if you could get it at the right price. Normal Toyo pricing would put it out of reach.

CoP's only, standard toyota 2nd hand from a Tundra, US$300 ind shipping. Sourced from www.partrequest.com

Havent made a decision yet - CBR, OEM 2uz CoP, the Bosch setup as discussed, Brock Energy Polarisor... It'll be one of these!