Is this a Water Pump Problem???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

VH 1UZ-FE

Does the water level in the radiator have to be higher than the suction and discharge outlets for the motor? Because my radiator is about 50-100mm below the inlet/outlets on the motor.

I am asking this because i pulled the suction hose off my car today and it was dry inside the motor. There has also been some other fishy things going on with my cooling system which are making me pull my hair out.

Thanks.

Yes, the radiator cap HAS to be the highest point in the system.
Otherwise you'll do damage.

To overcome this, get an overflow bottle with a radiator cap on it.

Falcons run on (or did for a while).
Some V6 commodores did too.
Most 1UZ's from the factory run one as well.

I dont think the highest point has to be the radiator cap, the highest point needs to have a way of removing the air pocket you get if it is filled from somewhere lower. On my conversion the highest point is the bolt above the thermostat, i fill the radiator with this bolt out then top it up and re-install the bolt, providing there are no air pockets in the system i dont think it matters how low the radiator is, right??

The VN series 1 V6 used a presurised overflow, it fits in place of the standard overflow in VB to VP commodores.

MaxPower said:
providing there are no air pockets in the system i dont think it matters how low the radiator is, right??
Hmm, sounds about right
Depends where the overflow bottle is located I suspect then.
Maybe the top of the overflow bottle needs to be the highest point in the system?

So are you guys saying i don't need an overflow pressurised bottle if i bleed all of the air out of the system and close the radiator cap? That makes sense, but what would happen if someone opened the radiator cap?? would air become trapped in the system? also, what if a small amount of water was lost (one way or another) and the level dropped below the suction inlet, therfore making an air pocket and not allowing the motor to get water? I suppose the same problem exists in any car, but to make it more fail-safe, a pressurised header tank / overflow bottle would be the safest thing to do?

Make Sense?
Has anyone got any pics for me of a header tank system?
Thanks

VH 1UZ-FE said:
So are you guys saying i don't need an overflow pressurised bottle if i bleed all of the air out of the system and close the radiator cap? That makes sense, but what would happen if someone opened the radiator cap?? would air become trapped in the system? also, what if a small amount of water was lost (one way or another) and the level dropped below the suction inlet, therfore making an air pocket and not allowing the motor to get water? I suppose the same problem exists in any car, but to make it more fail-safe, a pressurised header tank / overflow bottle would be the safest thing to do?

Make Sense?
Has anyone got any pics for me of a header tank system?
Thanks
When you open and close the radiator cap, there shouldn't be any air entering your cooling system, given that you don't create too many bubbles. That's how we drain and refill it. Check for some leaks around the radiator or any componenents of hoses, seals that are related to the cooling system. The coolant highest level is important but I think the coolant resoivor tells it all when it's hot or cold.

Try filling it up from the bolt on top of the thermostat housing like MaxPower does.

See if that helps.
Then when you check it, check it from this bolt, not the radiator cap.