Immobiliser

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

andylandy

Hi,

Just bought a 1UZ FE for a conversion into a land rover. When I bought the engine I got the loom ECU steering coloum and key incase of an immobiliser being installed. The engine was from a mk3 LS 400 in England, UK. How will I know if there is an immobiliser there and if I can get rid of it with the steering coloum!

Thanks.

Last edited:
What is the ECU number? Also have a look at the Key. Immobiliser keys have a chip inside and there is a key reader on the column. If these parts are there then it will have immobiliser. Another option is to power up the ECU like I do with the VVti motors and plug the scan tool in and see if there is security present or not. Cheers

Hi Gloverman,

Thanks for reply numbers on the ECU are:

89661-50310

175000-7720 12v

34P 22P16P 28P

Will check out the coloum tomorrow and if I can find anything. It will be a few weeks untill I power up the motor as I still need to make the new engine mounts, just wanted to try and get an many things sorted as early as possible!

Cheers.

The immobilizer only cam on 97 and up ls400 computers. If you want to get rid of it just get a 96 and older so 93 to 97 I believe has the same pin out that you have. problem you will have is that lexus repin there harness in case people were going to try and install pre 97 computers in 97 and later cars to steal them. You have to swap the 2 ignitor wires on pcm. They have them flipped so engine will run like its 180 off timing.