HILUX 1UZFE FUEL SYSTEM HELP NEEDED

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sterling1

Hi there i have a 91 hilux single cab 2wd currently with a 1uzfe not running yet and i was curious about the sort of fuel systems you guys do i was hoping to jst run a external fuel pump with the factory lines or are they not adequate pls any help and tips greatly appreciated
cheers lance

Lance - I have thoses headers for you as well. I have been away for a few weeks. We use a 070 (vl commodore) pump external or cut the tank and put a internal pump in. I have genuine bosch pumps at a good price. One we used a lucida / estima pump setup into the tank. Do you have photos of your progress? Remember a pre and post filter if using external. Cheers Kelvin

OK SWT AZZ ill email you and yea havent really made that much progress sadly waiting for my clutch to arrive but apart from that been tinkering so do you jst run the standard lines are they sufficent??

I would use a internal pump..it's much better and it will save you a headache later with the external possibly cavitating the line..Kits are reasonably cheap..or do what Kelvin suggested with the internal..Fuel pump is a very important part to get realiability and if not quite right will give you a lot of headaches..This message will self destruct in 10 months...LOL..cheers hope this helps..Oh also if you are going to look at S/Cing later you may as well get a good flowing pump now so when you do SC you don't have to change the pump then..Cheerz

I'd look at getting a tank from an EFI later model Hilux and fitting that. Should just about bolt straight up, will have a decent internal pump which you won't hear running and the whole thing will cost you about the same as an aftermarket external pump. Fuel lines are definitely adequate, standard. Worked for me.
Duza

i have a 92 extra cab was carbie petrol 22r engine

easiest way is to remove the 2 metal lines that go inside the tank which are

the pickup for the mechanical fuel pump

one line has a plastic filter remove this filter then somehow clamp a nissan rb25 r33 skyline fuel pump on there so the filter from new fuel pump sits about same spot the old filter sat

then drill tiny hole at top of plate which holds the metal lines then seal with areldite

by far cheapest and easiest way

no extra conenctions

i first tried with sr20 fuel pump but i didnt realise diamter was bigger so could not get unit bck down into tank

the r33 rb25 one is tiny but never had any probs

duza - efi tank from 3rz hilux does not fit, i have one at my workshop collecting dust

You're right, they aren't a direct fit, however I did manage to get mine to fit by modifying the bracket which is welded to the chassis at the rear of the tank. From memory the EFI tank is slightly longer, so I cut the old bracket off and welded a custom one in its place. Only took about 1 hour and it looks fairly standard. The important thing was finding a tank with the filler in the right position. My Lux is a dual cab and initially I got a tank from a 4Runner, but the filler was too far back on the tank, so I swapped it over at the wreckers for a later model Hilux dual cab tank. The biggest problem was getting the tank guard to fit, but another couple of hours of stuffing around and you'd never know it's not original.
Duza