Hello, newbie

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MrFluffy

Hi, I just joined up as Im looking at the 1UZFE as a engine option in something Im building.
My project is (very) long term, Its a Nova/Sterling kitcar, which originally had a vw bug motor and chassis, changed to a 2L pinto which stuck up through the rear sunshield and caused terrible weight distribution by the previous owner. Ive reworked it a couple of times with a cvh lump, and then a lotus esprit s2 chassis with a 6-71 & rover v8 and un1 transaxle, although now I have decided before its even finished that I'm still not happy with it being a terminal tinkerer and its time to do a proper tube chassis and obtain more hp.
What makes it really long term is I just moved house to a place which will eventually have a bigger workshop (which is the sole reason why I moved here...) in one of the barns to house my mill/lathe/tig etc and a second one big enough to fit a pair of 4 post ramps in, but currently I have to convert another barn into a house first as my mrs is moaning about her and our two kids spending another winter in a mobile home parked in a barn, so car and bike time (I have a severe turbo motorcycle habit) is limited to when its too cold to lay concrete (here in the wilds of france its winter now and -2c) /Im too knackered/wife isnt watching and Im feeling lazy, which gives me plenty of time to gather information/parts etc in the meantime ;)

So a rough plan forms to replace the poor old rover which has been very utility but is getting a bit long in the tooth now while Im at it, Ive got a few motors and stuff so I hope the range rover crowd here will pay enough for them all to pay for the cost of a 1uzfe in the states and shipping, as they change hands for $1500+ here for a short block.
So a cunning plan forms, a 1uzfe, stronger rod studs, some forged low compression pistons later on when its all together and time to turn up the boost, twin garrett gt series turbos with two sidemounted intercoolers and run it on lpg for the knock rating (more boost before the detonation monster eats the crowns!) with a sequential gas injection system under megasquirt control, exhaust using two homebuilt turbo headers.
The mad scientist part of me keeps whispering to keep the 6-71 as its just been rebuilt/reclearanced and twincharge it, but the pipework would be a bit insane. 5-600 hp and solid enough to survive street useage without lots of cossetting is the goal. So probably lots of dumb questions time now.

And er, hello :)

Heres the nova when it had the cvh in...
nova_pic1.jpg

And a scruffy shot of the esprit chassis and rv8 wedged in to check clearances. If the 85cm long rv8 will go in the 65cm long 1uzfe should positively slip in...
preliminary_test_motor_in_position.jpg

Nice to see another tinkerer on the Site.

Sterling's in Australia are very rar nw nd not worth much either.

We had a local example built here in quite high numbers. Changing it to mid engine would solve some of its handling problms.

The 1UZ is actauly 700mm long and mine actualy uses more length in the engine bay than my old Rover engine.

Keep us posted on your plans.

A reliable 500-600hp is avaiable with some smart tuning.

The 1UZ is actauly 700mm long and mine actualy uses more length in the engine bay than my old Rover engine.

Keep us posted on your plans.

A reliable 500-600hp is avaiable with some smart tuning.
Thats quite alarming, what is causing the extra length?
Im going on the diagram posted here and dimension M in particular:-
http://www.uzswap.com/forum/gallery/1_01_11_06_10_57_20.jpg

Smart tuning, which hopefully wont involve lots of expense trying to prepare it to stay together with block girdles, cross bolted caps, rods, solid lifters and the like.

Depending on what engine you get there can be a little more out the front such as viscous clutches etc.

Check out posts by Justen who has extracted wicked power from an unopened engine by using his brains.

Follow what hes done and you wont go too wrong.

Sorry for poor punctuation im in Japan and thier keyboard doesnt work like ours.

I like it! I've just gotta find myself the time (realisticly though i need the expirtese) to do something like that.