hello from a newbie :)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TRD DAN

just thought i would say a quick hello to everyone and hi from from the uk , i have a love for the 1uz its a great engine just trying to peice together all the bits i might need to place her in a mkiv n/a manual supra anything i should consider which box etc , oh and if it helps im a mechanic for toyota is there anything i can get direct from them which help me out ??

cheers in advance

dan

Hi Dan and welcome; hope your stay here will be beneficial for both sides.

The W58 box in your MKIV GE Supra is not known for its strength, but it should be OK with the 1UZ as long as you keep it naturally aspirated. If you decide to run some NoS through it, or supercharge or turbo it, all bets are off. It's not a question of "if" your box will fail, but when.

My good friend Dave Henry, better known in Supra circles as Mr. NA-T has found that W58's will fail once you've taken the 2JZ above 350-400 HP, especially if you launch hard, and have sticky tires.

It's a sweet box otherwise, and works very well in the NA Supra, right up to its limits.

Hi Dan and welcome; hope your stay here will be beneficial for both sides.

The W58 box in your MKIV GE Supra is not known for its strength, but it should be OK with the 1UZ as long as you keep it naturally aspirated. If you decide to run some NoS through it, or supercharge or turbo it, all bets are off. It's not a question of "if" your box will fail, but when.

My good friend Dave Henry, better known in Supra circles as Mr. NA-T has found that W58's will fail once you've taken the 2JZ above 350-400 HP, especially if you launch hard, and have sticky tires.

It's a sweet box otherwise, and works very well in the NA Supra, right up to its limits.

hi :) , thankyou for the kind welcome , well im not boosting it im staying n/a , but with itb's and managment (link , emerald , motec etc) and head work to really get her flowing well

what box would be the prefered box i know the v161 is strong but makes strong money , what about r154 ? peoples thoughts ??

cheers dan

I have no personal experience with the R154, but many on here do, and like it a lot as a beefier solution over the W58. I'd run the W58 box and keep your eye open for a R154 to come along.

Another possibility is a Tremec; several guys here have swapped out their Toy boxes for Tremec's with good success, and say these boxes are bullet proof for the kind of torque that we normally encounter with a 4.0l V8, plus have a great feel.

cheers for that , will look into it in the meantime il post a picture of my previous supra , i just wish i kept it :p

supra1.jpg

cheers dan

Nice Supra; I've never met anyone who didn't regret selling their Supra afterward. Was that a Whifbitz bumper on it, and is Paul still around?

Nice Supra; I've never met anyone who didn't regret selling their Supra afterward. Was that a Whifbitz bumper on it, and is Paul still around?

the front was bomex but not to my taste , whifbitz are nicer and as far as im aware he is still around doing well producing good quality stuff

cheers dan