GT4088R and GT42R Turbos

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ToranaJudd

GT4088R, GT42R and GT4508R Turbos + Best Prices?? $$

Hey guys,

Tossing up which to use...

Has anyone gone thru the comp. mapos for either of these 2 turbo's yet?

Would like to know how they are suited. Want to run up to 800rwhp and above. Which housing would you go for on either for turbine and compressor?

Cheers, Judd.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT40/GT4088R.htm

700hp crankshaft

Comp_large.gif

Turb_large.gif

Turbo_1_1.gif

Turbo_2_2.gif

* High Performance C117 Compressor and UHP Turbine
* Brings GT Ball Bearing performance to the 700Hp class
* V-band turbine outlet flange
* T4 Turbine Inlet Flange

Garrett does not list a GT42R

Here is the GT4294 which supports 850hp flywheel

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT42/GT4294_731376_1.htm

GT4294_731376_1_comp_e.gif

GT4294_731376_1_turbo_e.gif

GT4294_731376_1_part1.gif

GT4294_731376_1_part2.gif

* Journal Bearing Turbocharger
* Oil-cooled bearing system
* Free-float, non-wastegated turbine housing
* Perfect for high horsepower, but responsive engines
* Ported shroud compressor housing to increase surge resistance
* Outline interchangeable with the ball bearing GT4294R CHRA
* Optional Turbine Housings with T4 or diesel turbine inlet flange

ive done a twin turbo camaro that runs 2 gt4088- but not ball bearing.. the car made about 750 whp thru the six speed at about 8 psi.. remember that the cameros motor is very large compared to the lexus-.

Wow, good figures and such a low boost pressure. Must have been gettiung the air in there extremly well!

I have taken a liking to the GT4508R.

Can someone go thru the info on it and give me estimates to when i will acheive maximum airflow/boost pressure at which RPM.

The engine will have a manual gearbox if that makes a difference. I am guessing that in standard trim the GT4508R would be well spooled by 4000RPM? Any later and its not worth it i guess. Also to make it spool faster i can use a smaller rear A/R housing for the turbin cant I?

What do they come standard with or is it an option? Is there a guide to picking a/r housings?

Cheers, Judd.

Wow, good figures and such a low boost pressure. Must have been gettiung the air in there extremly well!

I have taken a liking to the GT4508R.

Can someone go thru the info on it and give me estimates to when i will acheive maximum airflow/boost pressure at which RPM.

The engine will have a manual gearbox if that makes a difference. I am guessing that in standard trim the GT4508R would be well spooled by 4000RPM? Any later and its not worth it i guess. Also to make it spool faster i can use a smaller rear A/R housing for the turbin cant I?

What do they come standard with or is it an option? Is there a guide to picking a/r housings?

Cheers, Judd.

There are 4 turbine housings listed on the Garrett site and shown in the below diagram. A/Rs, 1.01, 1.15, 1.28, 1.44

A/Rs are completely relative and spool rate is NOT the same for a larger turbine vs. smaller turbine with the same A/R.

Spool rate depends on multiple factors including how efficiently you direct exhaust energy into the turbine. You can also effect spool with modified fuel and timing curves. Depending on application a small nitrous shot could be very helpful. Make no mistake this very large turbo will be less responsive than a smaller one.

GT4508R_Turb_large.gif

Thanks for all the info JBrady..

I think I will meet the 3 turbos in the middle and go with the GT42

I have been speaking with a friend of mine and he can get the Garrett turbos in for me, price for the GT4202 (this is a non-ball bearing turbo[might go without as they still a good turbo and more affordable])

- AU$1400 Inc GST
- AU$2382.39 + GST <- for the (Ball Bearing version)
This looks like a good price for a Brand New Genuine Garret unit.

What do you guys think? Can anyone do or have seen better?

Judd.