Grunter TT UZ in Capri

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JustenGT8

Anyone less copywrite fussy going to post the article on the TTUZ Capri in the latest Zoom mag? :)

Over 550rwkw from a nice solid build. I'm sure i saw this at a show somewhere as i recall the intake piping and thinking it really deserves a reroute, even at the cost of some bonnet massaging.

I won't but I'll post them up but I will say when you read the article it states it makes 410RWHP @ 14psi.

Not sure where the front cover comment came from.

There also a 1UZ Monaro photo in the same magazine.

One of these days I'll pack up all the 1UZ articles from Zoom and post them to Lextreme, otherwise he'll never see them..

i did the ems wiring on it

still hasnt had full tune

running low boost

tyring to sort out slight miss at 4000 rpm

goes away if u keep accelerating

not sur eif its interferance or if its the ems or bad crank sensor which i dont think so

The Monaro is owned by a Lextremer.....the TT HQ i take it?

410rwhp on 14psi from those turbos? doesn't sound right at all? I hit a lazy 430rwhp on 12psi from my twin KKKs and they are smaller....anyways, i'll have a read on the throne tonight :)

Apart from the wobbly intake piping it does look pretty tidy though eh

I'd say valve spring issues if std springs..
Yea my car featured in last issue. Turbo V8 for under $10K...
The black Ford on cover...

engine has been built good

im going on Monday think we have interference with msd
Yea we had same issues when tuning the Ford..
Radio interference is a "pain!!" Helped by removing MSD and going wasted spark...I'd use local M&W ignition next time...
http://www.mwignitions.com/
Is it blowing spark out ?? If it is try closing plug gap..
My gap is down to .020 at 482 rwkw..But it's a short cut to fix an ignition issue... Are all ECU wires twisted or sheathed and earthed from ONE end ?? If it's earthed from both ends it becomes a conduit to carry electricity making it easy for interference..It should be s/steel sheath too as alloy doesn't protect magnetic fields, only elect...
Sorry if I'm ranting...
I had top of the line ECU from mid range ecu co. so much had to be changed to make it work properly!!!.....
What ECU are you using ???

Yea we had same issues when tuning the Ford..
Radio interference is a "pain!!" Helped by removing MSD and going wasted spark...I'd use local M&W ignition next time...
http://www.mwignitions.com/
Is it blowing spark out ?? If it is try closing plug gap..
My gap is down to .020 at 482 rwkw..But it's a short cut to fix an ignition issue... Are all ECU wires twisted or sheathed and earthed from ONE end ?? If it's earthed from both ends it becomes a conduit to carry electricity making it easy for interference..It should be s/steel sheath too as alloy doesn't protect magnetic fields, only elect...
Sorry if I'm ranting...
I had top of the line ECU from mid range ecu co. so much had to be changed to make it work properly!!!.....
What ECU are you using ???

IMO, these are more good reasons to use COP's with integral ignitors (but this also eliminates the possibility of using CDI).

COP's with integral ignitors eliminate the pulsed, high current wiring from the ignitors to the coils (or from the CDI box to the coils) which (along with the secondary leads) is probably what's causing the bulk of the EMI.

COP's are kinda tough to fit on an old OHV motor, though.

its all wired ok just msd is to close and 1st half of msd wires are with ecu wires works perfect without it

its just the msd sucks ass

good old usa stuff with 50s technology

he should have got an m & w but msd dis 4 was over 500 bucks so not worth throwing it

its not losing spark as i wrote before it can rev past the miss and then its ok

its just interferance we ran just the std ems ignitor and prob goes away

but i dont rust ems ignitors either had afew fail in past years and also have had them stuff up coils

just not much room under dash for the oversized msd junk so will re run wires totally away from ecu wires

should do the trick

its an ems 8860 they are good ecus just the software sucks ass

theres not much i like

give me an autronic any fuking day software si most user friendly

and price is ok

motec is ok now since i think prices have dropped for some models

who cares bout aftermarket these days

we do heaps of new holden 6lts these days the tunign software shits on anyhting else

would be good to get that ecu to work on other enignes

maybe one day

IMO, these are more good reasons to use COP's with integral ignitors (but this also eliminates the possibility of using CDI).

COP's with integral ignitors eliminate the pulsed, high current wiring from the ignitors to the coils (or from the CDI box to the coils) which (along with the secondary leads) is probably what's causing the bulk of the EMI.

COP's are kinda tough to fit on an old OHV motor, though.
I don't run CDI.. I only have 6 ignition drivers..Yes a $2500 ECU too !!
So I have to use wasted spark...
Talking to my tuner though he says COP won't make much difference as the coils we are already using are atleast up to G.M coils...
Your right about CDI though... But its the application too..
Having longer spark dwell etc is nice with good ignition..
COP in my application will get VERY hot but dirrect spark is what I'm after next...
I'm trying to avoid using Dis-4 MSD system...
Have you taken it back to EMS ?? I have found them VERY good at updated software...
We bought a second hand 8860 off a friend and they still upgraded free...
I have found on most ECU's they upgrade there parts that fail.. I wouldn't hold it too much against them..
BTW my ecu is haltech.. WHY would they design there top line with 6 igniters !!!

its not th ems its the shitttt msd

i never use them i always use m & w or autronic which is best cdi out there

we rewired msd with 1m long wires and still had interferance so it has to be msd

cause without msd and only using ems ignitor its ok but we need good striong spark once the boost gets high

anyway just beware of msds

havnt heard alot fo good things about them these days

i know 2 or so years ago i think they changed where they make them

prob made in some back door dunny in china

its not th ems its the shitttt msd

MSD is MSD.. Do you mean Aem ignition box ?? I don't think EMS [ the ecu co.] make a multiple spark discharge ???

i never use them i always use m & w or autronic which is best cds out there

Not that I dont agree.. But how would you know???

we rewired msd with 1m long wires and still had interference so it has to be msd

Again not that I don't agree....Could be picking it through this wire ??
If unprotected..

cause without msd and only using ems ignitor its ok but we need good strong spark once the boost gets high

Do you mean Autronic ignition ?? Ems is also a brand of ECU...Try closing plug gap to .020 ??

anyway just beware of msds

Yes had same issues, mainly A6..

have heard a lot fo good things about them these days

i know 2 or so years ago i think they changed where they make them

prob made in some back door dunny in china

Yea a lot of companies have, including turbosmart, Scat, Holley, Eagle. Depends on quality control...

Very frustrating ....

Attachments

• IMG_1101_1_1.JPG
    IMG_1101_1_1.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_1099_1_1.JPG
    IMG_1099_1_1.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_1093_1_1.JPG
    IMG_1093_1_1.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 358
  • PIC00424_1_1.JPG