fuse box compatibility

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tacoma_Kyle

Ok I need a fuse box. The motor is a 96 SC400 1uz. I am going to put it into a 1st gen Celcia once I find one, if you missed the project thread.

Ok so my harness isnt cut at all, but the fuse box got busted in a accident, so I am assuming the box plugs in to the harness (unlike my tacomas harness which was one piece with the box, for example).

So yeah is there anything I need to know in terms of compatibility. I know ECU's can be a pain, but I wasnt sure about possible variations in OBD II or anything else.

There are a few ebay auctions for them, a 94 SC400 box is there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...viewitem=&item=180171132299&_trksid=p3907.m29

Assistance is appreciated.

When I do wiring conversions, I never use the fusebox from the donor car. In older carburated cars like your 1st gen Celica, only two relays need to be wired in: one for the fuel pump and one for the EFI system.

It's going to be tricky getting the OBD2 ECU to be happy in a car that old. It will be looking for a few things, a fuel tank pressure sensor, that you will need to install. Also if you're using a manual tranny, the ECU will throw a code unless you can trick it. (We build specially-designed resistor boxes here for that purpose).

Let me know if you need a hand with the wiring. [email protected]

-Doc

Thanks, that good info. I didnt know the fuse box would be so much simpler.

I will use using a stock auto tranny. Already have it. Identical tranny (beside bellhousing) to V6 Prerunner Tacomas. I converted my truck to 4x so I have it extra lol. Bellhousing on the way already.

I dont need to worry about ECU codes. Yeah it will be better in the long run but the diagnostic stuff will come down the road.

My first goal in the wiring is to get it to start and run fine, no 'limp mode.'