Finished Pics: 2UZ Manifold

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's time for me to pose a couple of questions as well.

First great looking manifold. I wish I could build something like that!

I see you plan to run the Nissan t/b. How does it integrate with the stock ECU?

Can you run a MAF (AFM) or do you need to change to MAP?

Do you have any comparative dyno figures yet on a stock engine with stock ECU and maniflod only swap plus an engine that has been set up for the manifold?

All the credit goes to Casey and Ross for building such a beauty. In this particular case, we opted for the Q45 TB since it's capable of flowing enough air to support 1500rwhp. Not that we plan on reaching that mark but the TB definitely won't be our bottleneck.

The 2uz is a DBW system with a mechinical backup in the years 2000, 2001, and 2002. This means that for various reasons, the stock 2uz TB can only be used with the stock Tundra ECU. The ECU ties into various systems in the Tundra itself, so it can't be transfered and piggy backed. However all hope is not lost. A standalone ECU cures the DBW issue, and allows for the use of a mechanical TB. It just so happens that we are working on a plug n' play standalone ECU system for the 2uz as I write this.

The stock MAF can be retained as long as your application allows for retention of the stock ECU. Conversion to a Speed Density system would be optimal, and hopefully an individual set-up allows it.

The manifold is still at the engine builders along with the stock manifold waiting to be flowed. The gentleman scheduled to flow both of them is a little old, and doesn't move very fast, but he's one hell of an engine builder. I will call him later this week to see where they both stand. Once that is completed, back to back testing is on the agenda. One a 100% stock motor, there's not much that this manifold will do. If anything it will free a little HP towards the back end. Once other mods such as FI, and superchargers are added, that's when manifolds like this shine.

Thanks Rod,

Eric

cowboy bebop said:
Hi Pro,

With your permission, I'd like to field this. The brake booster and other various vacuum ports are located under the equalizer bar. There was no provision in this example for an IAC since it's going on my personal motor, and I have long ago converted to a speed density system. However, adding one at request would not be an issue.

Eric

by fielding you mean organise a group buy...?

like has been previously mentioned, if you (or JDM) post up a pic with it bolted to an engine and supply a price (along with the flow figures you're already organising) then you've got a green light.

them's the rules - follow them and you won't need permission from anyone :veryhappy

Peewee has it right. : ) I'm itching to see the flow figures myself, though.

Eric

Finally, the flow figures are here. As far as we can tell, this the first time the stock 2uz-fe manifold has been flowed against an aftermarket intake manifold.

I should point out that these measurements were taken at the standard 28inches of water. CFM calculations are taken from 4500 rpm

Cylinder ________ _Stock _____ __TTC Mani

1 _____________204.81cfm___268.03cfm

2 _____________208.54cfm___275.57cfm

3 _____________217.85cfm___256.40cfm

4 _____________211.06cfm___269.99cfm

5 _____________214.13cfm___266.26cfm

6 _____________206.67cfm___271.85cfm

7 _____________208.54cfm___269.98cfm

8 _____________212.06cfm___271.85cfm

That is an average of a 27% increase in flow!!! Now this is one badass intake. Proven, and flowed!

Eric

cowboy bebop said:
Proven, and flowed! Eric
It flows.. not proven to work yet..... I can go to Home Depot and get 3" pipes... and it does flow... but doesn't mean its proven to work in the intended car or truck.

Pro said:
like has been previously mentioned, if you (or JDM) post up a pic with it bolted to an engine and supply a price (along with the flow figures you're already organising) then you've got a green light.
It was outlined earlier as to what criteria need to be met, and we have met them. If a pic of this manifold is need bolted to the motor, as per Pro to make it offcially proven, then that's what we'll do. The manifold has been flowed and shown and the cylinders to be within a small margin of each other. We don't proport ourselves to advertise a specific gain since [obivously] what you put into it is what you get out of it.

Eric

Well for a $99.99 manifold,i should hope that it does flow....Im in for 6, discount for 6?You sure you're got the columns around the right order..lol
Only Kidding..hehe ,,nice work with the flow figs...Do you think the "improved" flow is attribute to the twin plenum chambers? Otherwise the actural inlet are the same..Also the reverse effect of flow on Cylinders 3 4 5..more flow in the TCC and less in the Stock..

The runners have a much better/gradual transition into the plenum. The runners have been opened up a bit, as well as port work done to the inside of the injector bungs. The twin plenums indeed hold more air, but its the larger/smooth transitions and short runners that bring the numbers up.

Cowboy, Please re-read Pro post once more
pro said:
Eric
Bolt on to an engine. Means bolt on to functional engine. Bolt into a dead engine doesn't apply. Like i stated previously, i can bolt anything to the engine. However, it doesnt mean it will work. If you would like to push this product in here. You better give us more functional data. Otherwise, please bring this somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.