FI and Oil Leak

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Gang,

I think most people are over looking this issue. I would have to say, I finally master his issue. If your is not leaking oil in the NA form and leaking now at FI form. Then u are doing something wrong from the pressurized air. The most important part would the PCV system. Air (boost) should not enter the crank case. If it does, you will have lots of problem with oil leak, turbo smoking and possible other issues related to the oil leak. Here are some great threads about this issue. I cant stress enough about the oil issue with FI application. This is what you might experieince if your FI system is not setup correctly:
* Oil pan leak
* Rear Main Seal
* Oil Dipstick
* Rear Cam/head seal (rear)
* Spark Plug seal
* Valve Cover Seals
* Oil Filter (possible but i didnt experience this)
* Turbo making smoke at boost.

Deleting PCV
Home Made Catch Can
Oil Leak from FI engine
Oil Leak from Valve Covers
Excessive Crankcase Pressure

These articles will give you some where to start. Best of luck.

Its amazing how many people disregard the PCV system and consider it to be an emissions (therefore unimportant) system.

Besides stopping the gasses from getting to atmo, the PCV system removes the gasses from the crankcase which reduces oil contamination.
It also puts the crankcase into a slight vacuum which stops oil leaks and can help piston ring sealing.

PCV systems should never be plugged-up/deleted, and should always operate correctly.
Nearly every catch-can system ive seen is setup incorrectly as well!

I experience every symptoms list above. I had it so i did more research and tried all different methods. I think i finally found it.

MWP said:
Its amazing how many people disregard the PCV system and consider it to be an emissions (therefore unimportant) system.

Besides stopping the gasses from getting to atmo, the PCV system removes the gasses from the crankcase which reduces oil contamination.
It also puts the crankcase into a slight vacuum which stops oil leaks and can help piston ring sealing.

PCV systems should never be plugged-up/deleted, and should always operate correctly.
Nearly every catch-can system ive seen is setup incorrectly as well!
Hi MWP,

a couple of questions as didn't think I would need a PCV system.
1. How would you set up with a carb system?
2. Would this change if the carb was a blow through from a SuperCharger?
3. If Dry sump would you still need it as effectively the scavange pumps have the crank on more of a vacuum?

Any other thoughts?
Cheers
Mark

skid said:
Hi MWP,
1. How would you set up with a carb system?
Same way... EFI doesnt change the setup.

2. Would this change if the carb was a blow through from a SuperCharger?
Again, same way... just youhave to make sure that boost doesnt make it past the PCV valve(s) back into the crankcase.

3. If Dry sump would you still need it as effectively the scavange pumps have the crank on more of a vacuum?
Yes you do otherwise the blowby will still contaminate the oil.
I guess its not as much of a problem in a race engine as you are changing oil often anyway.