fabricating for supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
lextreme i said on the for sale thread that it was not just the m90 its what ever you mill the hole in the top plate to suit the supercharger it may be a m112 or a sprintx or whipple etc its what ever you can bolt to it i used an m90 because i got it for about 900$ brand new insted of 2895$

Ahhh, that's not bad then.. I'd always been told the Eatons stopped at 10. Then yep, for more boost, the 112 does look good.

Jordy, there are a lot of people "lining up" for Eaton manifolds. I say it with "" because you never know how many of them are talking ****. I suspect without a complete kit, most would not buy... hell, even with a kit, most back out.

Can you cast something that has an enclosed space? I've no idea of the process.

If you could sell the manifold for around $500 each, there would be a LOT of people lining up.

And yeah, leave the top plate blank, and people can mill their own holes to suit their own charger.

hi v8 supra its will be hard to cast because there are diffrent hights and it would be hard to keep people happy but thats what im doing for cobra i am making him a manifold and leaving the top plate and he will mill it out to suit what ever supercharger he wants to fit etc if a lot of people want manifolds at once like 5 to 10 people it may be doable for around 500$ but there is no such thing as that everyone has got money but when it comes time to do it its a diffrent story i dont think there is a market for sc manifolds

Casting would be great if there are at least 100 pre paid order. Otherwise it would be very expensive. Jordys, what about the ISC and other attachements?

Nice work! That looks like a fun project, just what I'd imagined while I was changing my starter awhile back.
That's going to sound very nice.

I am very interested in a manifold too
Im in Perth Aussie
I have top bid on a Eaton M90 right now
I would also need the throttle body connector & bypass valve to the Supercharger
& maybe the Top Radiator hose manifold
& Then one of Harry's ECU's or does your ECU learn that you have a Supercharger
& Wamo yeeha
& a few weeks later new rear tyres
Can anyone tell me what else I might need

I'm in the same situation and need the same things really!
Is there any idea on price yet? Whats the interest in them like?

I've been a browser for a long time, but have been slowly gaining knowledge and now I actually have a clue about what is being talked about:)

There are a few small pipes going into the existing manifold (haven't looked at what they actually are yet). What happens to these?
I'm in the UK, it looks like I will have to buy a SC from the USA, shipping is annoying but still...

hello carlos welcome to the site the intrest in the manifold is ok i put it on this thread step by step on how i did it to give people a understanding of it so if they want to make one them selfs i put the bellmouths is the manifold for air flow reasons to even it out over 8 ports but you dont really need them with forced induction but they will help a bit.

Jordys,

I have a question. How do u solve some of the issues like the Idle Valve Sensor, EGR, and Radiator fluid for those DIY people.

David,

Sorry to answer someone elses question, but my EGR and Radiator fluid are both blocked (non SC though), and my IVS motor is not on it (I've bumped up the idle to 600 to compensate).

The IVS is something I'd like to know though with a SC.

My other question is where do you get the vacuum line for the brakes? Tap the pipe in front of the charger? That pipe should always be in vacuum.

Turbo cars just use manifold for the brakes. Unless you are hitting the brakes while you have your foot flat on the gas too, you should be ok. I have heard of a couple of people with bigger cams having problems at idle, but a vac accumulator or even just some good valves and a long hose should do it.

last night i was reading on the ALSC forum witch means australin lexus soarer club and my manifold was on there which that does not bother me and a bloke named neil griffiths stated that the welding on the manifold may crack due to it been under stress can anyone tell me what type of stress the manifold is under. when you weld the cast ports to the billet alum and do not use a special cast filler wire the welds may crack. i have been welding for about 15years and have seen meany hand made manifolds but i have never heard of one cracking im not sure may be drag cars with 1500 to 2000hp maybe but i am only scratching around here its just a simple manifold made to fit a small blower may be because its half the price$ as his

Jordy,

Right first go.

Your offering a similar product at a fraction of the price.

I'll take my chances with your welding.

Jordy,
can you tell me a little bit about the welding you had to do between the two metals? I'm not keen to do it myself, just like to learn about welding (I'm an amateur). What did you use, a tig? I have a mig, and have welded plate aluminium together before.. used alushield.. not sure of the wire, it came with the welder - the guy who owned it before me made a boat out of al plate he got cut by laser from a cdrom pattern he bought.

Just after a quick rundown on the different requirements of cast and billet al with a mig... but if you're a tig guy maybe it's totally different?

I'd be prepared to trust your welds. Yeah, there's a bit of stress from the blower being mounted and being pulled by the belt.. but those are some bigass chunky welds, I don't see them going anywhere from the size of the metal and the small stresses we would put on it.

Are you going to weld more, or were you thinking about casting the whole thing? Or cast the bottom and weld a plate on each?

jordys,
can you please tell me the height from the top of you oil filler lid to the top of your supercharger? I wanna see if i have room.
thanks