Engine Harness Celsior 1991 1UZFE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

EXPIG

Could someone please identify what these plugs are labelled & if their are pinouts for them. they come off the main ECU harness & I am assuming most of them go off into other ECU......such as trac, ABS...etc

Please HELP

a celsior will have 3 plugs to the ecu from the main engine loom and a 4th plug from the ecu to the dash

yr pics arent showing

i have alot of stuff on celsiors

the other 3 or 4 plugs near the ecu are dash plugs this is where everything gets powered and turned on and off

you will not find diagrams for these unless u buy the factory workshop manual thats in japanese thats if they have one

Sideshow

I am so close to finalising this conversion, but I am doing by head in.

I am stuck...............could you please identify which wires form part of the Neytral Sfatey circuit? and which wire do I need to bridgr to keep the fuel pump running.

I can get the car to start but it will only start when the key is in the start position.

When this occurs I can hear the fuel pump running, when it goes back to ignition (on the key) no pump.......no run

any ideas, the wiring diagrams I have are not the best in identifying the NSW

cheers

EXPIG

wiring diagram 1uzfe 1991 celsior

:saeek: Hi Guys. I'm also doing an engine swap. 1991 celsior 1uzfe into a 94 toyota hilux 4x4.I have the original engine harness and ECU but require a wiring diagram (pinout). can someone help?

Cheers.

A bit of an update,

I have since my last post got fuel pump & NSW to work correctly. The car runs & drives however I have the following issues:

1. The transmission is stuck in first gear & will not change into any other

I have not wired in the speedo drive to my dash (grande) which in turns drives SPD sensor back to ECU. I have been advised that this should still drive through all gears even though it's not hooked up.

The tranducer wires coming from the speedo drive (RHS rear of A341E transfer case) are yellow, red/blue & white....which of these 3 wires would be needed to drive my speedo & what are the other ones wired to 2. I am assuming negative & earth??

2. I just took the car out for a drive again this evening & noticed my OD light flashing on/off while I was driving. Could this be the cause?

I am puzzled at this point, so close.....but so far away

Please HELP

Am I missing something that I have not even considered?

cheers

did u use the celsior engine and matching gbox

the celsior auto has its own speed sensor 2 wire type on back of box

did u mod the back of the box like afew idiots that do the wrong thing just to get rid of the rubber bung

as long as u have the factory 2 wire speed sensor it should chnage gears otherwise u need the speed signal that comes form the dash

if u have no speed signals the box will stay in first

did u mod the box???

if not then u have a wiring problem as i have never had to muck round with speed sensors on a celsior with factory celsior auto

tow it to my shop and i can fix it for you hehehe

Sideshow

I used the engine & matching gearbox, I retained the original rear transfer case/shaft & used all original sensors. With the exception of using a Hilux fixed flange.

The 2 wire speed sensor you speak about, is that the one at the front or rear of the box? I am under the impression that this sensor goes out od ECU -SP2 then to sensors & back to ECU SP2+

I have not modified the box in anyway or form

So what your saying is all I need is the 2 wire speed sensor hooked up and no other sensor is required to change gears.

Where abouts are you located?

cheers

EXPIG

As per our discussion earlier

There is definetley +12V ign power to ISC valve, therfore I am assuming there should be power to transmission. I did not get a chance to check if SP2 was plug in, will try and check it later on tonight.

If I get a chance I will also check for any codes that may pop up.

cheers

EXPIG

We never wire the speed sensor from the dash and boxes always work correctly. Assume nothing when working on cars - test to see if there is power down there. Good luck - cheers

Update

Finally got the UZX83 going, it has taken a whole 4 months, but I cant wipe the smile off my face.

I would like to thank, the following forum members for all there help & advice:

Sideshow, Macrop, Peewee & Madmont

You guys know your 1UZ's.

I will try and get a step by step conversion together & pics ASAP

cheers

EXPIG

After 500km of driving, I have the following issues:

1. Error Codes
Engine 47 & 56, Trans 42 & 46

47 is something to do with sub throttle position sensor (I'm assuming trac control)
56 I read something about Hydraulic Fans?????
42 Has something to do with Speed Sensor 1 not been the primary unit
46 Solenoid 4???????

2. The transmission will only change through all gears if the ECT Power switch is on. If it's off (normal mode) will only accept 1rst gear.

3. Torque Convertor lock up only engages when I lift off the accelerator and then back on while sitting on 100kmh

4. in Neutral & Park engine will not rev past 1500rpm

Any Ideas on the above issues?

Must say still goes well, fairly economical, nice note from exhaust, very responsive.

Car is back at tailshaft workshop getting redone, their was a noticable vibration between 60 & 100kmh. Their retubing & rebalancing

cheers

sounds like u still have wiring issues it should not do that go thru the codes one at a time before u start looking at other things

someone said 56 was the hydraulic fan level sensor but ive never had probs with 56

another thing is make sure the inhibitor wiring is correct as this could cause probs tooo sometimes

power econ i dont bother hooking up

ill give 100bucks to anyone who actually finds any significant diff between pow and econ apart from a few 100 revs diff in changing gears especially in a conversion cause once u have a different diff ratio then it will put things out a tiny bit plus its an auto it changes crappy from the start heheheehheheeh

42 is sp1 not sure what u did to get it to change gears i guess u got maybe sp2 working or plugged in

u dont need sp1 but the o/d light will be always on

i guess this is y i get paid the big bucks to wire these up in 4 hours perfectly heheeh

got one to do tomorrow in a surf which had a v6 shouldbe pretty straight forward job

Sideshow

My OD light is not flashing on the dash so I am assuming it works

I am getting my check engine light only, but not all times.

Any Ideas on the 4th solenoid issue and secondary throttle?

..............if only you were based in Melbourne

At least it's going

One other thing I noticed the other day which I forgot to mention was when I reversed down the driveway it went into neutral. I backedd off & on the accelerator and she was OK

There ia plenty of fluid in the trans

someone from melb was goin to send me a 1uz loom but it got to hard to remove i guess this is why probs like this occur

did a 1uz the other day and guy got code 47 it went away
its the throttle sensor on the trac butterfly try removing batt for 1 min then recheck for codes

not sure bout 4th soleniod

4th solenoid which is wire sln- says its code 65

cannot find code 46 anywhere

can u bridge tt and e1

this might give u codes for the auto it will flash the o/d light

or sometimes bridging te1 and e1 will flash engine codes

then press o/d button in or out to see if o/d light flashes any codes

u might have to take it to yr local lexus appretice dealer hehheehheheeh

ok found some info

no4 solenoid is terminals sln- and sln i think

this solenoid valve is controlled by ecu to control engagement speed and reduce gear shift shock

so i guess find the solenoid wires and put 12vs on one side and earth the other side and the solenoid should click

do this at yr own risk

or check resistance thru the wires

but this should onlymake yr shifts hard

its probably the line pressure solenoid

does the same job as the line pressure cable on a crown 1uz that runs of the
throttle cable

just want to ask u again

did u buy front cut or did u buy an engine/gbox and wiring set from an importer or someone

are your 100% sure u have a complete all matching set

cause ive never had symptons so u must ahve done something wrong

anyway ive helped enough for this week im off to bed and more 1uzs tomorrow

then have to search my old emails see who wanted the 1uz wired

heheheheheeh