Engine build up

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The part that bolts to the block on my engine is the original engine bracket. The adapter simply replaces the oil filter which then allows you to remote mount the filter elsewhere. If you want an adapter that bolts directly to the engine then you'd have to probably make one yourself. I have enough room in my car not to have to do that so thats why I used the original one. I needed to remote mount mine as I tee'd into the line so I could plumb in my pre-priming pump.

Elliot

Attachments

• 1uzassembly9.JPG
    1uzassembly9.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 1uzassembly10.JPG
    1uzassembly10.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 22
bugger - the original engine bracket that holds the oil filter is our problem - its fouling on the skidplate. I was hoping to get something that bolted straight to the block... guess I'll have to make it afterall...

You can tap the block to take a bsp to -10 fitting and save making up adaptors etc.I run a cooler and remote filter (with the turbo oil feed straight off the filter mount.

has anyone else tapped straight into the block for this or similar? anyone see a downside?

sorry dass, dont mean distrust, just after more recommendations!

I realize this is an old thread but i would really like to see the pics of the gearbox modifications elliotaw posted, if you are still around elliotaw could you please repost them or if anyone else has some could you direct me to them.

Cheers Brenton.

Can't help with full specs, I also did the mods to mine off the info in this thread

The oil pressure for the entire box also runs of an adjustable actuator which is all ready set to the highest setting but can be modded (very easy) to go up one more step. 1.5mm thick triangle of alloy made in 5min from scrap I had lying around

I'd never seen the inside of an auto before an managed to do this while the auto was still in the car.

I did find this pic which is one of the originals from this thread.
From memory mild steel, 21mm x 8mm thick
8mm is in no way overkill, I expected it to chirp the tires but it doesn't
spacer.jpg

If I ever did this mod again I would pull the trans out, empty oil etc, turn upside down and do it on the floor.
Working under a car with auto trans fluid dripping in your face is no fun

And man what a difference!!! I'd suggest to anyone to do these mod's,
pulls harder & changes gears much cleaner.

I will have a better look through my pic's for other photos, I did take pic's of my auto apart but it's a bit hard to see and somewhat blurry in places

Google "a340e actuator shim" I found a full wright up with pic's

Don't follow all pictures you see on the net, there are different version of the a340 box, The pic's in the wright up I found was slightly different than my auto but would be enough to get by.

Also another thing, I have an early 1uzfe from 1989, I found the commonly called "kickdown cable" is actually an oil pressure cable on mine.
It may do other thing's but it's adjustment has a huge effect on gearbox oil pressure