Egr Blocker Question?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
jterry= That was an awesome thread you displayed most helpful!!!! Did you notice if the ECU screwed up the air/fuel ratio after the block? Did you notice any hp gains after blocking?

no, I dont have scann tool so do not know any changes in long/short fuel trim, not notice any up or down in power too, for me it is the same as before... I delete egr cause have egr code and do not like that crap in engine bay. As I know, JDM 1uz do not have egr at all.
reg
Jerry

egr kit installation

Hello,

i am planning to remove my EGR system.. Does anyone have the EGR kit For sale.. Also is this pretty easy to install: does it comes with installation instruction?

How about on a 97?

xirforever said:
After you remove the EGR pipe running from the passenger header to the back of the intake manifold, its smooth sailing from there. But make no mistake about it, the pipe is not easy to remove, 5 bolts/nuts holding it on, two on the back of the intake manifold, two on the header collection area, and the hardest one, on the back of the motor, you wont be able to see it, but you can feel it when you search around with your hand back there.
I have did this on a 94, but now I am trying to do this on a 97 and it is completely different. Can anyone help? My car is setting on the lift now with all exhaust off and headers/exhaust ready to go on.
Thanks,
Scott

yeah it is a lot different on a 97. i know, i have one, lol. I just blocked it off at the intake, and put another plate in that mid section and left the exhaust pipe to motor on. If that makes any sense at all. I couldnt tell if at that mid section if its just straight through or if it has a hole going to the inside of the motor or anything, id say try and take a look at that mid section sense you have it all off and see if its straight through, if it is, i wont matter if you leave it open and you can do it just like you did your 94. I really hope that makes sense... lol

xirforever said:
yeah it is a lot different on a 97. i know, i have one, lol. I just blocked it off at the intake, and put another plate in that mid section and left the exhaust pipe to motor on. If that makes any sense at all. I couldnt tell if at that mid section if its just straight through or if it has a hole going to the inside of the motor or anything, id say try and take a look at that mid section sense you have it all off and see if its straight through, if it is, i wont matter if you leave it open and you can do it just like you did your 94. I really hope that makes sense... lol
So where does the resistor go? There are six wires on the plug.

The mid section apears to mount into both heads as I look up from the transmission tunnel (I had tranny out for a TC swap)
Thanks,
Scott

I just got my kit in the mail, and probably going to wait until the warmer weather until I do the mod.

I do have one concern however - when you remove the EGR pipe from the headers, isn't there going to be an exaust leak?

Yes there will be an exhaust leak once the EGR pipe is removed.....Why are you deleting your EGR if your not installing after market headers?....You won't get any additional horsepower, just a cleaner intake over the years....

I kept my EGR intact and decided to seafoam every year...I sold my EGR kit for $100 on Ebay...

So let me see if I understand it correctly. There is a total of three block off plates, and I understand that one of them goes where the EGR Valve was, one of them goes where EGR pipe was connected to intake manifold, and the last one goes underneath the engine, where the EGR pipe is removed from headers?

What if, instead of removing the EGR pipe alltogether, I just used the block off plate between the pipe and intake manifold, this way preventing exaust leak, and preventing exaust gases from entering the engine, but without getting struggling with the damn pipe?

You could do this, it wouldnt be a "clean" install, but it should work fine. In either case, you wont have an exhaust leak. That is, unless the pipe is broken (as in most cases).

What if I just disconnect electrical connector from the egr solenoid, and install the resistor, without putting in the block off plates?

Ignition timing is advanced to restore some of the power loss. If you are using high enough octane fuel, you will not ping, but the mixture is not optimal when the flow command is given.

edited for spelling and content