ECU with Manual box and factory cruise control

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fordgt

I'm planning on putting a LS400 1uz into my hilux, gonna be using the R150F box I already have just wondering if the engine will run right without the auto box and sensors and stuff. Is there any things I will have to do to make it work. I wanna try and put the factory cruise setup on it too and I might try and keep the hydraulic fan cooling system aswell and get this up running or would a electric one be beta? Any wires diagrams would help me out heaps aswell.

Engine is a 4th month 1992 Celsior

well cruise runs off throttle position so cruise will be fine as long as the transmission thinks its in park. Nuetral wiring wont allow the car to crank I dont think because you cant crank an auto in neutral.... just another thought, its been done, so you will find an answer here for sure!

Cruise will not work if it thinks the tranny is in park.
The shifter must be in Drive for the cruise to work.

And you can crank your auto in neutral, just not in any gear.

I'm gonna be using a Manual gearbox so i won't have neutral switch and other speed sensors and stuff i gather, so think it won't be getting the inputs it needs to function right

I have been told that you can apply 12V to one of the wires on the Transmission cable and that will fool the ecu into thinking it is in neutral

My two cents worth

Cranking the engine won't be an issue - usually when wiring a conversion without the auto there in no inhibitior to worry about - even if it was an auto you can crank in in gear if the inhibitor is not wired . If the auto was wired then you can use the shifter or trans switch to work the inhibitor.

Hydralic fan uses a seperate cooling ECU so this will need to be wired. I am yet to find a factory 1UZ ECU with a hydralic fan output -I have only wired pre 98 engines. We generally fit a temp sensor and use an electric fan for simplicity

Making the factory cruise work maybe tricky. Generally the ECU will need the speed input so if your box uses a electronic speedo then this will need to be wired and checked for accuracy. I don't think the gear thing would be a problem. You need to confirm what the ECU needs to see for the system to work. If it needs to see a "drive" signal then wire a switch to duplicate the signal. Different gear and diff ratios will cause problems so speed sensor will need to be calibrated to match

Cheers

cruise pulls on the throttle it doesnt actually read throtle sensor cruise works of sped signal so u basically need speed signal to engine ecu and cruise ecu and all is fine

anything can be done if wired correctly

u will also need a switch on the clutch pedal to disable cruise

there is afew tricks to cruise so it only works in 2nd and 3rd and overdrive on an auto so u need to trick it when u goto manual

but if u sit down and go over it it might take u ages but atleast u will understand it

i have wired up over 10 manual 1uzs and never had any probs i could not solve

hydraulic fan ecu works a soleniod in front of blck u will also need the sensor that is used for hydraulic fan ecu that sits in the bottom of radiator

this determines the flow rate of fluid and the speed of the fan

like i said it will take time to get it all working correctly

and under the dash will be messy once u start running engine ecu hydraulic fan ecu cruise ecu

all wires to dash etc

if yr hilux is cable speedo then u need an electronic adapter so u can have electric speedo to ecu and cruise and still have yr cable to the dash

i sell alot of these fiddly parts to make things all work

You wouldn't know where i could find wiring diagrams for the fan ecu and the cruise ecu? I have stripped all the wiring harness outta the half cut I got but it would be much easier to just cut the plugs off and rewire, instead of cuttin the whole harness apart and tracing out wires.

sorry dont hand any diagrams out cause they end up on the net and i loose work from it

cruise is not hard to wire up but it will take time

cruise ecu has about 15 or so wires

u need an electric speed sensor on gbox
just incase the hilux has a cable speedo

when i get time to work on my car i will hook up cruise
when u go from auto to manual u have to trick the cruise ecu afew ways

u also have to change the hilux brake switch to a cruise type brake switch
has 4 wires not 2