Direct port Nitrous, any safer?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sniper

Super Moderator
A wet nitrous system is nice because you get the right amount of fuel to go with the added air but with a single nozzle wet system, iv heard and seen that they are a little risky to run. The fuel can "puddle" and blow your intake manifold right through the roof, and other types of major damage could be done. Does anyone know if a direct power system would be any safer? Check this system off a S2000 out, http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=107&t=225232

to me, it doesnt look that hard to make a direct system like this one, a little drilling, taping, pipe bending, but would it be any safter than a single nozzle in the intake?

I prefer dry for small shots say up to 80-90hp. Over 100 id go with a direct port. Direct port provides a equal amount of nitrous/fuel into each cylinder versus a dry which can vary per cylinder.

home made is not that hard check the link

http://www.diy-nitrous.fsnet.co.uk/car-nitrous-system.htmhttp://www.diy-nitrous.fsnet.co.uk/motorcycle-nitrous-injection-system.htm

wet Vs dry, my personal opinion on the subject is that dry systems are a cheap easy bodge of way to do it, id always go with wet systems because the way that ur making that extra power demands that u need the extra fuel aswell, otherwise your running on the edge if not over the edge. Also iv never heard of any puddling problems with the nos fogger systems? always found them to be good, the majority of nos failiures and problems are either due to a poor installation or because of the owner being to eager for all that extra power without making certain the engine can handle it.

jcm3's comment is good, a dry system injects only nitrous at the single point and raises fuel pressure or relys on the MAF to supply the needed additional fuel. At low power levels this works nicely.

The problem is that port injected manifolds are designed to flow AIR only... not fuel. Fuel is heavier and will not disperse single point fuel addition to each runner equally.

Above say 80hp a direct port system is best as it supplies fuel and nitrous in PROPER ratios equally to each cylinder. This makes sure that one or more cylinders does NOT recieve extra nitrous without the NECESSARY extra fuel required. Nitrous without fuel destroys engines.

I seen a pretty good direct port setup, you they plug in where the injector goes then you plug in your injector on top of that. Great idea I rekon :)

I totaly understand wet vs Dry systems, but i was just wondering if you have the same issues with a wet direct system that you have with a single wet system. Also, what about the use of propane in a wet system? anyone ever done that?

I think I answered that question in another thread.. not sure, may have been another board... but LOTS of Viper owners run propane in a BBQ bottle. I would guess it would be good because you probably wouldn't have to direct-port inject it, and it would spray out instantly like the n2o. Extra fuel injectors could drop the rail pressure or who knows what? I would say propane would be easier to get right?