crown v's soarer 1uz-fe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I got a 151 crown majesta and this is what it had:
Front sump, toyota badge on plenum, V8 four Cam on cam covers, External oil dip stick, rubber mount donut on trans, oil filter under air cond pump, Cast iron exhaust manifold, viscouse fan hub, fuel line at rear of engine above exhaust manifold. Front cut looked all origional and not modified at all. Hope this helps, Kris

Kris,

Just what I needed another variation on the theme.

Will Mr Toyota stop inventing so we can catch up!

Keep the variations coming.

Is there anyway to mod the crown 1uzfe into the ls400 car? what is needed to be done?

I am not really familiar with LS 400.

Bsee.

About all you can use is the core engine.

You would need to change:

Fuel lines
Air intake
engine mounts
wiring harness
oil filter
exhaust manifolds
sump

It would be much easier to source an LS400 engine to start with

Attachments

• IMG_1702.JPG
    IMG_1702.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1698.JPG
    IMG_1698.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1700.JPG
    IMG_1700.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 55
My engine, gearbox combo looks very similar to the one in the pics. Maybe it is a later version of the crown engine. MADMONT, what year is your engine from???

the later crowns are totally diff wiring

the old crowns have 2 ecus and harder to wire up

this is how i explain it to people

crown small engine due to exhaust and no hydraulic thermo fan and slip yoke on gbox

so easier to fit mechanically

but harder to wire up due to 2 ecus and speed sensors

ls400 and sc400 have wider exhaust and hydraulic thermo fan so harder to fit but have only one ecu so easier to wire up

late crown majestas i think have ecu like ls400 not 100% sure

if u get me a pic of the ecu plugs and the ecu where the plugs go in i can tell u what it is

Please keep posting any other differences you know between the engines.

I'm putting all the responses together as a tech article so it will be available to everyone.

Thanks.

Zuffen,
That sounds like a great idea.
With so many varients from different models and origins it gets very confusing.
This would clarify the issues also give everybody the knowledge where to source the differences for there own variation.

great idea.

Regards

Stephen

Quick question on crown "mid sump"'s. Just doublechecking -- this means the bowl is in the middle of the engine, right? This seems obvious, but i've heard people say "mid sump" in reference to oilpans that have a bowl on the front and back...

coolie said:
Quick question on crown "mid sump"'s. Just doublechecking -- this means the bowl is in the middle of the engine, right?
correct.

there was pictures posted somewhere in the forum about a week ago showing both mid-sump and rear-sump (or was it front) configurations side by side.

fittings on 151 crown majesta

Rod, sorry for the delay, here are the pics of what my motor came with as standard. it is a crown 151 majesta arround 1996

Thanks Kris,

I've had this on the back-burner until I can get some photos of the LS400.

Interestingly yours looks exactly like an LS400, but the engine mounts look like an SC400.

I wish Toyota would settle for just a couple of engine types.

Does yours have an oil level gauge on the (aussie) passengers side?

I'm not sure if its mentioned Zuff, but I just found out the 1996 Crown Majesta (not sure if thats UZS141 or UZS151, I'd guess 151), has front sump, oil filter at front, and hydraulic fan.

Peewee,

It's Kris' fault if he hadn't purchased his UZS151 we wouldn't have known about it and it'd have made life easy.

I'm still working on compling the differences (in between a write up on wiring the 131 and working) so it will be another few weeks before I have something presentable.

I'll be PM'ing a few guys for feedback. You're at the top of the list.