Coolant overlflow question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

-Nemesis-

For my conversion, I have two options in regards to coolant overflow. I've mounted the bottle....

My original radiator still has the original outlet next to the filler cap for the overflow bottle on the old engine.

On my Celsior motor, I assume the pipe coming from the water bridge to the RHS of the engine is the original for this motor.

My question is, will it make a difference which one I use?

On the weekend I drove under a load a fair bit. I'm using the radiator outlet, with the engine one blocked, and I noticed it decided to dump a fair bit of coolant. And when stopped (so I could look in the bay), I noticed the overflow bottle was nearly overflowing.....

Use whichever is the highest. This will ensure you don't have air locks in the top of the engine.

You could use both and join them with a T piece before the overflow bottle.

If you run the line from the thermostat, or the joined line suggestion, you will need to run the pressure cap on the overflow bottle.

If you don't use the radiator overlow line you will need to block it off and use a blocking cap on the radiator so it doesn't function like a normal cap.

Be aware if the overflow bottle is too full to start with it will eventually overflow.

So the best bet if your radiator is higher is to just block off the factory overflow out of the thermostat.

Is there an easy way to do that?
Like can I just buy a rubber fitting just to block it off?

Or is it going to be best to cut the fitting off and drill and tap a fitting into it?

Im not sure that the fitting comming out of the T-stat area is infact an overflow. I thought that the Celsior was just like the Sorar / SC400 and used an expantion tank system.

I could be wrong here as I am in the states and we didn't get as many setups as over seas got, but as far as I know, non of the setups have an overflow comming from the motor, only the radiator or expansion tank if equiped. An overflow outlet has to be after a pressure cap.

To answer the questions in the last post, yes if the radiator is the highest point, then us that as the overflow. You can just use a rubber cap to block the fitting, but I personally would pull the fitting out and drill and tap the hole. I have had the rubber caps fail in the past so I will not use them anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 52