Common But Abnormal Problem for LS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I have been experiencing this problem for a while now. Once a long while the car doesnt start at all. It has power, but when turning the key from off to start, nothing move. I have been using reductive reasoning and found out the relays could play a major role in this. There are two relays under the fuse box in the engine bay. The black relay is the EFI and the Green relay is for the Starter. I noticed moving the Green relay helps the problem. I got many emails regarding this common but abnormal problem in Celsior and LS400.

Anyone want to share their experience with this?

Possibly the starter starting to go bad? My MKIV had the same problem a few years back. It would only be once in a while, the after months it was most of the time. Unitl finally she left in a parking lot.

Another thing may be pin 24 of plug 1 (I think it's 1). It's the 12V switched to the EFI relays. If it's going abnormal, you shouldn't have any fuel pressure either.

Eric

The problem was solved today. There are four possible cause of this problem assuming the battery and starter are good.

1. Starter Relay
2. Neutral Start Switch
3. Ignition Main Relay
4. Theft Deterrent and Door Lock Control ECU

I didnt change the Door Lock ECU, but i reset it. To reset the Door Lock ECU, you have to insert the key to the driver side door lock and clockwise turn it few times. BANG!... the car started again.....

Hey, im kinda late on the reply, but after driving the car all day, 4-5 hours, it begins to not start by key. Since im a king at riggin things i thought to take the cover off the green starter relay its self. Basically making the post touch it will start the engine if the key is already in the on position, and by pass the neutral switch. Figured it is the relay being that electrical parts show signs off dying when unable to function while hot. Havnt replaced it yet, waiting to see if i can find it for less than 30 bucks.

HERES A WARNING AND BEWARE FULLY AWARE!!!
My girl was it the front the house and it wouldnt start so of course she calls me out to start the car by the relay, she as the key in the on position as required and shes standing next to the car watching me. As soon it makes contact the car starts and immediately begins to drive forward. Its driving its self with me under the hood holding my master cylinder for dear life, desperately thinking how to turn the engine off from under the hood. 30 feet later i pull the relay (ECU i think next to the starter relay and it rolls to a stop. Lesson here is to check ur not in drive. Good news is my neutral switch works. Bad news is i think she tried to kill me for the car.

Damn...... try the key deal... lock, unlock, unlock..... I was aiming for the relay months ago and finally pickup the manual and start reading.

Attachments

• darton.jpg
    darton.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 10
any more help with this topic?? how does this theft deterent computer work and ways to bypass/dissable? how do you know its "off" or " on"