Can the car run with no battery?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

steveblade_uk

I realy dont think you should pull the battery terminals off with the motor running. Check your hand book im sure it tells you not to. I cant remmember the specifics as to why not but I know it can fry the reg/rectifier in the alternator.

Looks like mine was just a spoof. Everythign is perfect now. the battery was tested at 725 or so CCA. The alternator also tested ok.

Lex, remember when u taped the fuse box for power to the fans, is that the same fuse you pull out?

the exact same thing happened on my '02 Taurus. Wouldn't jump, replaced the battery and it ran for 20 miles before it died. I took the new battery to Advance to have it charged so I could drive it back there on battery. Everything tested fine, it started on the second crank every time for the next 10,000 miles, until I replaced the alternator because it started squeaking like a bad pulley (sound was coming from the inside of the housing).

edit: i didn't realize this thread was that old before I replied, and there doesn't appear to be a delete post button. oops.

no you cannot run a car without the battery, it is a very important part of the charge system, The alternator monitors the battery voltage and adjust acordingly, Without the battery the is no battery sense and the alternator will overcharge, possibly damaging electronics within the vehicle, this is why it is not a good idea to disconnect the battery while the engine is running

Without a battery the alternator regulator has no reference voltage to determine the correct amount of excitation required. The output voltage could be any value, and more likely extremely high, causing serious damage to both the alternator itself and the rest of the electrical system.