Blow by

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Kirby

Hey guys. 1uz remote turbo in a 2wd hilux running 7psi has started venting smoke out of valve covers.
Can you boosted guys shed some light on what you have done with your PCV valve. Mine is disconnected and are vented to atmosphere, should I have done it like this? http://www.lextreme.com/pcv-fi.html

Any help would be appreciated.
Phil

I emailed lextreme about this but never got a reply back. He has two post one using a catch can and then the link you posted. He says in the link you posted that's the best way. But then has a catch can. Idk I went and bought all new stuff to do the set up in the link you posted. Anyone else now what's better ???

I am running an M112 supercharger, and I was also having PCV problems. I had done what Lex said NOT to do, namely plugging the passenger side vent and letting the PCV valve on the driver's side do all the work. When on boost, I was getting oil blowing past the valve cover gasket on the passenger side--even after changing to a new one, AND even after I just let it vent to atmosphere!

What I needed was a constant vacuum on the passenger side, but needed to keep the oil out of my intake.

I ran a hose from the valve cover vent to a custom catch can. This can has an upper and lower chamber with a baffle separating the two. The upper chamber is loosely stuffed with stainless steel wool. The steel wool collects the oil mist/droplets, which are collected in the wool and drip down into the bottom chamber, where I can drain it out periodically. The hose from the intake goes into the can near the bottom of the upper chamber. Constant vacuum is supplied by a small line running from the top of the can to a tap on the intake between the throttle body and the supercharger.

I ended up just plugging the driver's side, mostly because I am lazy and didn't want another hose running across my engine. Leaving the PCV valve in place is probably a good idea, but I've had no issues.

This has been working for the last year--only 3000 miles, but more than half of them on boost. There is ZERO oil in my intake, and I am venting nothing to the atmosphere.

I'm not sure how/if any of this applies to you, but I hope it helps.

Mark

So I pulled it down to find two broken pistons. The ring lands on cylinder #1 were broken top and bottom and cylinder #7 was broken on bottom. The big end on #1 has uneven wear through to the copper. On 7psi and only making 305rwhp I thought it would have lasted longer then that, maybe it was leaned out on the dyno.......had trouble with the tuner from the start.
Does anyone know who sells a OEM piston set? Looking at getting it back together on the cheap.
Cheers Phil

Does the latter model have deeper dish in piston ? Tune and or lowering compression will help . Gives wider safe tune area. Detonation kills std rotating parts..