Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 22-24 MPG

• 24-26 MPG

• > 26 MPG

• Total voters
The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

91_4x4runner

As the title states, what is your average? Please include details on modifications (Turbo's or SC's, exhaust, etc.) I'm trying to get an estimate of what I'll net with my 78 280Z swap.

Having trouble deciding how large to make my fuel cell for efficiency/weight. I just want to get around 250 miles per tank and keep weight down...

Thanks for your help, Eric.

I was running a 1UZ with a 3.9:1 (LSD) rear ratio (4.11:1 around town) with an overdrive A340E trans, K&N Air Pod Autronic, extractors, free flowing exhaust, stock internals but mix that with a quite heavy foot and I average around 16-18mpg.

400km (250 miles) for every 65 litre (17 gallon) tank on the open road - or
100km (62 miles) for every quarter tank.

That reduces to around 250-300kms around town with the low ratio rear end and plenty of tyre protesting so that reduces to around 10mpg. My car weighs about 1600kgs or 3500lbs most of the time.

Gee, some of you guys must have lead lined boots.
But maybe i'm just old and slow.

Stock Celsior/LS400 23mpg USG Highway on cruise control at 118kph, City traffic flows pretty well, around 19/20mpg USG.

re: gas mileage

Like Lex I'm getting about 19-20 mpg on my '95 LS400, but its all non-hwy miles, I am in the process of tuning it up, I just bought it w/107k miles, and I'm sure nothing has been done to it in the last 50k, it amazes me how some people will just drive a car like this and never think about maintaining it. The air filter, for example, was probably the original if you can believe that. He probably sold only because it was very sluggish and he didn't want to pay to have it tuned up. What's amazing is this guy is not poor. I'm also doing a timing belt change, seals, tranny (amsoil syn)& dif fluid change, irid plugs, wires, caps & rotors. I looked all over this car and I swear there is NO fuel filter. I also have a '98 LS400, again no evidence of a fuel filter. The owner's manual never even mentions anyting about a fuel filter, the tutorials on this board only shows it for 1st generation LS400's. Am I wrong about this?

Yes the fuel filter replacement tutorial was for the first generation, but it should be very similar for all generations except for the new LS460

on My SC400 it was near the differential, under the car behind the driver's door.

must be near this place on the LS too.

Good luck trying to change it. Mine was all rusted so i Bought a chrysler injection filter, 2 small hoses with injection hose clamps.

Q

Q, thanks for your reply, but there is no, I repeat, no fuel filter on my '95 LS 400, you obviously have one on your SC400, but I have my car sitting on ramps right now, and there is no fuel filter to be found, not by the rear wheels, front wheels or under the hood. I'm hoping Lex replies to me on where his is located, mainly because he also owns a '95 LS400. By the way, I also have a '98 LS400, with no fuel filter. Thanks.

LS400GUY, I have never heard of a car without a fuel filter... of any age. Even my 78 280Z has a fuel filter.

Also, UZZ30-Québec, I know that you never use all of the fuel in your tank. I'm just "guesstimating." My Z is going to be a ton lighter than my SC400 (or y'alls LS400's). Simply trying to get an idea of what to expect/shoot for.