Aussies and 1UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Did you noticed about 90% of members in here are from Australia? And do u know when 1UZ is so popular in Australia? Comparing 1uzfe vs VH45DE. The 1UZ is 100X more pupolar than the VH45. Why is that? Beside all other factors like price, measurements, availability and so on. I think its because 1UZ sounds like Aussies.... so therefore the engine just naturally because part of Aussies..... lol.. what do u think?

I chose the 1uz over the vh45 as there was more info available for the 1 uz, as we all know info cost money. The final decision was made once I found out a little more on the 1uz and no one had a bad word to say about them, and the word over engineered seemed to be used a lot.

thats pritty much the same reason im putting one in the VN when funds permit
will be sooner than a vh41/vh45.

Very cheap...When you consider you would have to throw out all recipricating parts in standard Chev/Ford to make the power some of the engines have made with all or most factory internals in place. Also coz it was a DOHC V8 that hardly anyone(even SOME Toyota/Lexus dealers) don't know about!

The 1UZ has been available in Australia for 14 years in LS400's.

This means there are plenty of Dealers who can access parts.

The VH45 was only available in top of the line Nissans and they sold less than 1,000 of those in Australia during the model run.

Whilst the VH45 is easier to wire and work with it is also bigger, and has a lot less availability of parts to make it go harder.

The VH45 is also a lot more expensive to buy than the Nissan.

Funny but I never considered the Nissan when looking at engine swaps. It was always the 1UZ or re-build the old Rover engine and fit 4x45mm Webers.

Damien said:
Now I see what you were getting at - we say One-You-Zed, not One-You-Zee :)

ah very good point! I first heard that when someone was talking about a "300 zed ex" (300ZX)

thefastj said:
do americans call them 300 zee ex's??

I heard one American describe the (how we would say) 'Nissan 350 zed x'

as the 'Nee-sahn 350 zee ex'!

Made me chuckle. ;o)

i got over the nissan thing awhile ago.... regardless of how good or powerful the engine seems from the factory, as soon as you do anything to it, it start's to fall apart (have had experience with sr20's an my brother's rb26dett GTR) ... so i made the switch to toyota and haven't looked back.

I would never have touched to Toyot v8 with a pole until I got educated.

Not needing to buy a forged crank (like you need to for a small block) to go fast is a huge saving. Also I got a complete engine for $950 bucks. I can sell of bit I won't need and save there too. The group purchase on pistons was great and now my main cost will be in the blower, Which I just won on Ebay. (6/71)

The little toyota is about 1000 times better than a Rover V8 that I was considering. Remembering that my car is only a little bigger than a mini. 700hp and 700kg = rocket ship.