Anyone close to 300hp on IUZFE motor with stock internals?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
stevechumo said:
Oops! From now on, I'll have to watch out for the new Toyota Rav 4. For a very long time, I always look down on the older ones (I don't know how the new one looks like). If I offend anyone, please don't mind my opinion. The things that I don't like about it is its sissy look, weak power, tight space. I rather go for a sedan or a real SUV (mid-size is ok) instead of a Rav 4 or a Honda CRV.
The new Rav4 is bigger than it's predecessor. There's enough space for 4 people in it.

WDoherty said:
yeah just don't race one or it will make your sc400 look slow.
That can be true. But for handling and driving, a Rav 4 can't be compared with the SC400. Anyhow, I'll turbocharge my SC any time soon. Some parts are on their ways.

OK - First off if I ever lost a race to a stock Honda Rav4 I would have to sell my car ASAP...

As far as stock HP numbers are concerned I would think over the period of ten years or more the engine loses power from the electrical system, stock exhaust system, and maybe even a little from tranny and engine wear...So that 250hp rating may be closer to 200hp...

I have owned and driven at least 50 or so LS and SC400's 92-95 from my dealership days.... I also know that when I purchased my 1992 it ran stronger then all I had driven in the past especailly on the freeway with that ECT button on...That is one of the main reasons I stuck with this older SC4 of mine and also the fact that 91,000 miles was reading on the odometer. Being also that it was dealer maintained really closed the deal for me......

Now with each mod I did I felt good power gains, like when changing out the Stock mufflers to straight thru's, high flow center cat and Y, Headers, DTC, Hydro pump and all the electrical upgrades that I did all at one time...The D.T.C. was awesome..The ECU piggy when it worked made a difference....But still I only dyno'd at 16whp more then the stock new ratings...Go figure?

Headers and down pipes 20-25hp
mufflers 10hp
Hydro and electical upgrades maybe 10-15hp
Rear exhaust piping, cats and Y's 10hp
intake maybe 0-5hp
DTC - Torque transfer
Etc......

We need to consider all of this when comparing our older SC's to the new car stock 0 mile hp ratings......There is a considerable power loss I believe in these older SC's over time....Just want to throw that little bit of info out their for you guys to digest....

I think all new car HP ratings are inflated on average to help for re-sale...With that being said I just don't think every new SC rolls off the showroom floor with the same dealer power ratings.....That is my guess...

Maybe. maybe not....Ooops, I forgot the new Rav4's were made by Toyota, thanks for the clarification....

Ok, When these new car manufactures are making and selling the new cars by the thousands it would only make sense to me for the manufacturer like Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc.. to rate the vehicles at the absolute most powerful rating possible without being sewed for misrepresentation..Why? To attract buyers and to also compete with other vehicles...That is my take on it...but I could be wrong...