Anyone close to 300hp on IUZFE motor with stock internals?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

I am being questioned on the CL forum under a nos thread about these 1UZFE..engines and how there is no way they can make close to 300hp on a dyno without internal mod changes...I was saying it is possible to get to 290hp..not rwhp... These are the motors that are rated at 250hp at stock on the SC400's...

I am under the impression and it is my understanding that with a very good running 1UZFE motor that has a complete and perfect exhaust change out (headers, straight thru pipes and mufflers), complete intake change, ECU piggy back. MAF, hydo, a/c deletion, performance pulleys, fine tunning, etc... along with new wiring and electrical throughout - can these engines get real close to the 300hp measured at the crank?... Is there anyone that has dyno'd close to 300hp at the crank without forced air induction with the stock internals? I would love to prove these guys wrong if possible...Anyone?

If you mean 300rwhp, then absolutely no chance.
There is no way the stock cams will flow those numbers.

If you mean 300hp @ the flywheel, then yes.
I have dynoed 240rwhp, and I know others that have dyno'd between the 230-240rwhp mark.

I am hoping to break over 250rwhp when I go back there in a month or so, and then hopefully back this up with some times at the strip.

What is needed to get this?
The stock LS400 headers will do it. SC400 headers would need to be changed though.
Revised intake system is needed.
Revised exhaust from the headers back.
Remap ecu, either via a piggyback that does ignition and fuel, or a complete stand alone.
The stock auto should be fine.

300flyhp = ~240rwhp with manual @ ~20% drivetrain losses
or
300flyhp = ~225rwhp with auto @ ~25% drivetrain losses

what the hell are you doing, taking the CL guys seriously?

i'm sure their pods and cans won't put it near 300hp, but a good header / exhaust system, a cold air feed in a sealed box and a tuned aftermarket computer should _just_ see 300hp at the engine.

just look at the power some folk on here are getting with mild mods - Peewee and JBrady spring to mind straight away.

Attachments

• IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0497.JPG
    IMG_0497.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 5
I hear you PeeWee, and I don't know what I am doing talking to those guys...I just responded to an older thread not to long ago, and posted a nos thread to help others that don't have the cash for a turbo or supercharger setup. Now they are telling me the Iuz.. motors cannot possibly dyno anywhere near 300hp at the crank without serious internal mods.. I am telling them they are wrong and they are telling me to provide proof... Those guys are seriously mis-informed and I am just trying to shed a little light on the subject.... I hardly ever post over there I think I have maybe 40 total posts in 2 years...

One guy says his SC400 dyno'd at 180hp and thought that was a good dyno...? Yeah right..... Anyway just looking for some proof, will check out Jbrady's threads and the search function and try to link... If anyone is bored check out the CLUB lexus forum and go to sc400/sc300 section,then go - forced air induction section, and you will find my thread (JIBBBY) under the title "Is anyone running NOS"... Maybe someone can post and help these uniformed people out......

180hp is a good dyno for a stock sc400, with a good exhaust you might get 200rwhp, remember though that you are really starting around 230 hp not 250 so that is 70hp to 300 and that's quite a bit. Jibby, if you have any tracks to go to, do a 1/4 mile run and there are drag calculators on the internet that will give you a pretty accurate flywheel number based on your trap speed and vehicle weight. I have two tracks to go to in my fairly small town (200,000) so i'd imagine in southern california there would be some tracks around that have a street car night, but there is no need for me to go b/c my car is stock, but i took my previous car there and it was only 8 bucks to find out how fast my car was, pretty easy and removes speculation.

are you talking 300 HP N/A?
Cause with 8 PSI on a stock motor with 157,000 on it I made 371 at the rear wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_0513.JPG
    IMG_0513.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0514.JPG
    IMG_0514.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0519.JPG
    IMG_0519.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 11
that's a lot, i think 450hp crank is what most have decided is safe

Attachments

• IMG_0521.JPG
    IMG_0521.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 21
ok, i just read your post on cl. I think you are misunderstanding some people over there. When someone says their dyno is 180hp that means their rwhp is 180 not the crank. Lexus rated the 1uz 250hp from the factory for the early sc 400's, but dyno's show that is not true because of the low rwhp of 180 on the dyno it is more like 230hp. at the crank.

I understand that....but I just need to go get my car dyno'd and see where I am at....I am getting very very curious....

Want a laugh check out my new exhaust, I had to change the mufflers out for a fix it ticket. I am so embarrassed to drive my car in this condition.... Lost probably about 15-20hp on the top end on this little swap...Straight thru mufflers really do make a difference in performance and noise.. The car is as quiet as a mouse right now.....

IMO 300 is a big strech. First, I'd like to say 25% loss for an auto and 20% loss for a manual is -very- forgiving. I normally see people estimate 20% at most for an auto and 15% for a manual. Like WDoherty mentioned, jumping 70 HP on just exhaust, intake, and tuning is asking for a lot. That's a 30% increase, that's huge!

Everyone,

I think there's a slight misunderstanding in Jibby's statement. I think he asked if the 1UZFE's internal is "strong enough" for 300 rwhp, or even 300 crank hp. He didn't mention if the 1UZ can have 300 rwhp in stock power. That's two totally meaning.

Those guys on CL are way too underestimated the strength of this engine. That shows they know nothing about cars in general. If the stock 1UZ has 180 rwhp, plus 120 rwhp to make 300 rwhp, the additional power is only 67% more than stock. That's nothing. A small and relatively week stock Honda Civic can safely hold 50% additional power and up to 75% with careful tuning. A Civic usually starts making internal noises after 120,000 miles and may leak gasket. And when come to think of the 1UZ, it's still very smooth at 200,000 miles. That means it's a lot stronger and better balanced, even though at higher mileage. In fact, there're several 1UZ were successfully dynoed at 350-469 rwhp as in the cases of David (Lextreme) and Chris..etc. And there're more that I forgot.

So what do you guys think? Can you get an IUZ.. engine in good shape with stock internals to dyno 300hp at the crank? Is it possible with all the outside goodies? 100% complete exhaust change - were talking headers, no cats, mandrel piping to staight thru mufflers, ECU piggy, altered Intake, electrical upgrades, pump deletions, a/c deletion, smaller pulley's, fine tuning, etc.. etc.. Is 300hp possible or not on an IUZ...? I was thinking it is possible or atleast 290hp at the crank...Am I mistaken?

Steve, I was talking in terms of the stock rating hp of 250hp at the crank on the first generation sc400's... Can you make 290-300hp on this motor without internal engine mods? I know it is a huge jump if an older SC dyno's at 220-230hp at the crank but I think it is possible... Am I wrong? I remember reading about two guys on this forum that came really close to those numbers with out air forced induction or internal mod changes, I need to search and find...

I would like to think my sc400 could come close to those numbers am I dead wrong?