AE86 Levin, 240sx suspention, TT 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jake Breyck

heres what im working on,
its an 1986 corolla gts, levin front end, 240sx suspention, and soon, 1uz with boost

before shots...

DSC01366.jpg

PA080554.jpg

if anyone is wondering why the flares are cut out, i have CBY 3inch flares for it and trimmed the body to right where the flares mount.

all the sub frame welds are just tacked in place, after the alightment shop checks it for me i will box everything in and make it permanate and strong. after that cage gets installed then paint.

if anyone cares heres a pic of the 240 suspention all put togather. i'll be swapping out the stock arms for adjustable ones after paint.

subframe1.jpg

Mate keep the updates coming, we all enjoy watching and reading of plans coming together, and it gives us inspiriation and ideas for our own projects.
i have never seen a car like yours it will be good seeing it transform into a new BEAST.
thanks Dean

Man that garage support in the middle doesn't look too crash hot heheheh

Any parcticular reason why you chose that base vehicle?

that wood support, i dont think really helps at all in holding the roof up, im considering removing it, a steal ibeam frame has been added to help support the building.

i chose the car becouse its what i had, and this is what i chose to do to it, i didnt really pick this car out with plans to do this to it. ive had the car for many years.

why do you not like it?

ok its been a wile. so heres the latest.

pics can be seen here. http://jakebreyck.com/Projects/corolla/

the subframe is in place and i have the stock suspention bolted on, i have ordered all the materals for my cage. and am waiting to get my help togather to accually build the cage. this should happen in 2 weeks, after teh cage is in then i can put in wheel tubs and also test fit the motor and trans (1uz and R154) and cut and make a new firewall and tunnel. then its all about leaving it with the body and paint guy for a few months and taking a vacation from it.

so its been a wile sence my last post on this, and i havent really made a huge deal of progress on the car, my time has been occupied by a move into a house, getting my supra running and buying a 240sx then swapping a sr20 into the 240, so ive been up to stuff just not on this project, well ive jumped back into the project ive made a lot of progress on the body work one of the rear corners is complete, cant tell it was ever a rust hole and the other corner just needs a few hours of love to catch up, a trip to the local salvage yard should net me the parts i need to fix other magor damage to the chassis and then i can work on the cage, and reinfocing the rear subframe mounts. i also have not made motor mounts as i havent gotton a tranny yet.

IMG_5526-640.jpg

IMG_5527-640.jpg

IMG_5528-640.jpg

IMG_5529-640.jpg

IMG_5530-640.jpg

IMG_5532-640.jpg

IMG_5540-640.jpg

so its been a wile sence my last post on this, and i havent really made a huge deal of progress on the car, my time has been occupied by a move into a house, getting my supra running and buying a 240sx then swapping a sr20 into the 240, so ive been up to stuff just not on this project, well ive jumped back into the project ive made a lot of progress on the body work one of the rear corners is complete, cant tell it was ever a rust hole and the other corner just needs a few hours of love to catch up, a trip to the local salvage yard should net me the parts i need to fix other magor damage to the chassis and then i can work on the cage, and reinfocing the rear subframe mounts. i also have not made motor mounts as i havent gotton a tranny yet.

IMG_5526-640.jpg

IMG_5527-640.jpg

IMG_5528-640.jpg

IMG_5529-640.jpg

IMG_5530-640.jpg

IMG_5532-640.jpg

IMG_5540-640.jpg

Attachments

• Cylinder layout.pdf
    14.5 KB · Views: 14
for space the motor is gunna go well into the firewall its not really mounted yet just sitting there to help conserve space in my garage. it should go about 3inchs further back then that.

haha welcome to the forum mike, i think youll finish the cess before i get the rolla done although my supra is getting a 1uz too, we can rool out 1uz style in a few months.

Sounds like a plan. If you still need the W-to-UZ bellousing adapter, I may make a few. You're welcome to one if you need it.

Are there any updates on this swap? I'm curious to see how you progress. I've been think about this swap for awhile now. I'm also in Florida.

Why the Nissan sub-frame?/Could it work for me?

Hello Jake,
I have a'79 Toyota Corona RT134 w/20R & W55 5 speed,which I am planning on removing, to drop in an entire 1UZ drivetrain froms same donor, '93 SC400, as u.Had a couple of ques,hoped u could give some insight & ideas?
Why the 240 sub-frame install? Better design,strength &/or quality parts than stock?
icon5.gif

So far ,my solution for needed rear end strength & stopping power?I have bought an '81 Supra 7.5" live axle w/ discs.Intend to install Detroit TruTrac, helical gear style, LSD(much cheaper than a clutch rebuild or Quaiff & quite functional).
My big suspension & braking concern is up front.The stock is very wimpy.Is it possible to just install front subframe,& then bolt in front susp.& braking members? What about steering?I have old draglink
icon5.gif
style(worm gear),although I'd love to move up to R&P.
Any thoughts or ideas would make my day
icon12.gif

Thanks,
ricksgrey89t