my V8 AE86 corolla

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
hi joe , thanks bro. Your best bet will be to find a complete motor with tranny, wiring harness and stock ecu to start off that way you know everything you use will be compatible being there are many ecu's for this motor. What I have in my car now is a LS400 motor. The stock ecu runs the motor and tranny, in the wiring diagram it shows how the LS400 brings an abs ecu, fuel pump ecu, traction control, etc. We ddint hook up any of that, the only thing we are using is the ecm(ecu) My motor brings traction control but i changed the throttle body to a no trac one ane cut the plug from the wiring harness. They say the tranny wont shift without the 2nd speed sensor on the cluster of the lexus but we only have the No.1 speed sensor hooked up which comes on the stock wiring harness. Now I have no idea what the wolf ecu can do but if cannot control soleoids from a tranny then it will not work unless you go with a manual conversion which is expensive. If you manage to get the wiring harness with the ecu make sure you get all the plugs that plug into the ecu, 3 come with the motor harness and one normally stays in the car which feeds the ecu from the cluster and all, just ask your salvage yard that you would like that plug with atleast 5 inches of wiring. If you have anymore questions let me know how I can help you reach your goal. Take care Joe and goodluck.

Hi, bigdaddeywalt
just small question - my friend runs into the same conversion, at the moment he has AE86 perfect body and ls400 engine sitting in his garage. But he reported that he will require hood surgery, because engine height is more than area allows. And on your pics I see that the hood is straigth. How did you achewe it?

Hi Joe,
The 3dv4 wolf cannot controll the tranny. The tranny can however be converted to a manuall shift with only a few dollars worth of diodes.

sup adxx, we dropped the crossmember about 1 inch so the motor wont sit so high, the oil pan sits lower but not to an extent to where u should be worried about any damage getting done to it. if you closely see the pics of the hood my hood has a hood scoop which came like that. You can buy those hoods thru ebay VIS racing makes that hood. It will allow more clearance if he dosnt want to drop the crossmember. Goodluck with your project and let me know how it goes bro.

thanx V8MX5, have you weighed your car yet and what does the link ecu manage, fuel and or timing? I installed a single fogger wet shot NX Nitrous kit but havent used it yet because Im still using the AE86 GTS LSD rear diff and i know Im going to blow it in pieces once I spray. Im in the process of using a ford 8.8 rear and getting it narrowed to handle the abuse. We'll see how it goes, any updates on your corolla, have you gone lower than 12.8's yet?

[email protected]

Dont know what the car weighs, alltho i shud take it to the local weigh bridge and find out. The car hasnt seen the strip since it ran a 12.8. It has new rims and tyres on it now, 15x7 and 15x 8 simmons B45's Looks a whole heap better ! The Link ECU runs both fuel and ignition.

I knew I remember seeing this car prior to seeing it in SuperStreet, badass car man gotta love all the chrome.

what stopped you from buildting the motor up at all?

Kudos

thanks bro, dont understand the question but if u meant as in the internals, like everyones issue......... the mighty green dollar, never enough but during this winter we should be done with her and have something new in there.

Nice job man; love the datail work; wanna sell it? Im currently in the process of putting a 1uz into my 1987 st162 celica (its front wheel drive; for now!!) the motor fits alright; bit tight front to back but good side to side; i;m gonna run a w series gearbox 5 speed but dont know about the rear yet; any ideas; id like to use irs and lsd if poss. keep up the good work

thanks Stretch, goodluck on your project, theres a guy named Justin I believe whos done the same swap youre going to tackle on, he might have a few pointers since we have solid rears on our bodystyle cars.