AC Cobra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
One more pic... and here is what Scott Email me.

Hi I love your web site its great . I have been into lexus v8s for about 5 years now my first encounter was when a friend of mine wanted me to build his new cobra replica . we tossed around ideas for a few weeks while the chassis and body were being built and decided on a 1uzfe with twin turbos and what a great car it turned out to be has won 2 national cobra events show and shine and is very compeditive on the track best ¼ mile todate is 12.4 @118 mph traction was a problem. The first pair of turbos were t25 ‘s which made boost from 1800 rpm all the way to 5500 rpm but they were working real hard a bit to small. We used water methanol injection. To control intake temps. That was over 4 years ago last year we upgraded the turbos and fitted a garret intercooler.

The turbos we used are t3 plain bearing off a vg30det us spec. which has steel turbine wheels.

The intercooler is a 600mm x300mm x 110mm . rated around 800 hp. It makes 400 hp at the wheels and 1400 ft.lbs of torque on a dyno dynamics dyno. Boost starts now at 3500 rpm and goes all the way to 8000 rpm.

My cobra has 1uzfe as well but with a large single rayjay turbo. And a trust drag intercooler .also motec m48pro to control things.

Mine makes around 450 hp at the wheels and around 1535 ft/lbs of torque. It is always under development next is a full race cobra with alloy chassis all wheel drive 8 throttle body injection with 300 hp and weighing in at 1450 lbs.

I have attached some pics for you too look at. I also do a lot of engine swaps using the 1uzfe so far I put them in a 80 series land cruiser / 4runner / a hilux ute / and I am in the process of putting 12 in my ford ute. I do wiring looms for conversions using the crown ½ cuts as it has 2 computers 1 for engine and 1 for trans so it is easy to use a manual transmission with a stock ecu.

Any way I have dribbled enough once again great site I just need more time to get on the forums.

Regards Scott H.

My cobra isn't as advanced as the turbo charged variety, as I built it as a daily driver.
I took it for it's first drive the other night, and it went great. The stock trans worked perfect, changing when it should, and best of all I got no error codes from either the engine or trans. Not bad for the first loom I have modified.
If any one needs help in modifying a 160 pin ecu loom just let me know.
The next step is to modify the ecu inputs to work with a 5 speed supra box.Apparently it is possible as it has already been done in NZ!!! Good old Kiwis.

Finally getting close to rego!!! Just got to get the final QLD Transport inspection and i'll be on the road. The car is still in gelcoat blue but will soon be painted and have sidepipes attached. Attached are a few pics to show the progress.

Guys, I am taking my time but attached is photo of my AC Cobra Replica's motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
The M90 looks nice.

You couldn't get it any lower without hacking up the cooling system.

Can you tell us what you are up to with the PCV valve. It looks like you are running it to atmoshere thru a filter?

The manifold looks like it fitted well. This is one of Jordy' manifolds isn't it.

I noticed also you appear to have run slightly different fuel lines. Is there any reason for that?

When will it run?

Hey Rod
I am running both camshaft cover breathers to atmosphere via a catch can. It will keep the blower and T/B cleaner.
I am using braided lines for all fuel lines. It was difficult using the standard ones because they don't bend too well and once bent they probably would not have been long enough.
I had it running last weekend. I had a few issues with injectors so I had to pull it down again. I should have it running again this weekend.
Brett

I drove it today for the first time with the blower installed. It certainly gives it a kick in the arse at low revs. Next step is to get it onto the dyno.

Brett,

Will the hood (bonnet) clear or will you have the blower hanging out the top?

I agree about the breathers. I plan on using a catch can for mine. Damned if I know where it will be, there's no room. Perhaps in the glove box as that is about the only area left. For a big vehicle my car has the smallest engine bay in history.

What injectors are you running? Plus a guess you solved the problem you had.

Help anybody

I spent all day yesterday driving and testing. After a while it developed a miss and flat spot.
It goes really well above 3000rpm. Before that it coughs and splutters and has flat spots. I have checked all the usual possibilities and can't find the source.
Has anybody got any ideas?
Brett

What management system are you running?

I know you were looking at Autronic.

If you are using the factory system I would start looking at sensors.

If you want to borrow any I have a complete set of everything spare.

Problem solved.
The wire that goes to the left hand distributor was ever so gently rubbing in the idler pulley. It wore through the insulation and had an intermitent short.

All go!!!

I'm a very happy Cobra driver now as my ride has just been registered. It's all legal and approved. I'm now the owner of 2 QLD rego plates!!! They don't come cheap though. Anyway, will post photos of finished car soon.....