7MGE Injector not working!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LexTite

today i was preping my engine (1990 1UZFE) for my nitrous kit and started with the injectors. I choose the 1990 Supra (7MGE; 315cc) for the fact that they were supposed to be plug and play. After completing the 1.5 hour install, the car will not continue to run. Triple checked all hoses and wire harnesses but still, no idle. The car will just crank and run for approximately 2 seconds before it dies as if it ran out of gas (also check pump and pressure at rail, all was normal). It'll run smoothly off of starting fluid, but dies soon after u stop spraying. Spark is obviously good cause the car can run, but grounding the plug wire out doesnt create a spark, MAS is correctly attached.

Car ran as u know they do up until the conversion. Before i have to put the 15 year old injectors back in it, what do u suppose is the problem. I dont mind spraying with the stock injectors, but since i own the new injectors now, and completed the install, i really wanna figure out the problem without double working and wasting the injector money. Numerous website (upon research) came to the same conclusion that the light green, which are high impedance, were just simply plug and play. Y is mine so difficult?

They have been tested, cleaned and balanced. They looked surprisingly brand new when they came in. There is not one aftermarket upgrade in my engine compartment. There is also no computer upgrades or stand alones. Just new injectors, can that have posed the problem? Unsure how this simple mod complicate my project schedule. Very upset.

I assume you got the injectors used and the seller proclaimed them to be cleaned and balanced. Its possible that one or more of your injectors are not working. I have friends in England with 315 with stock ECU and the car runs ok.

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1
Make sure you plug in the TPS, MAF and all other vacuum lines. If those injectors are in ok shape, then its the installation or you forgot something. Secondly, make sure there is no fuel leak when you start the engine. Have someone check for you. It has to be something wrong with your work. Contact the injector seller and ask for the history.

I have got few injectors are just dead...... so double check everything...

Well, thanks for the support, but took it to get the entire kit installed and they explained to me what what my endless hours of web searching told me..., with bigger injectors, ima sacrafice the ride and smoothness plus burn more gas when im just cruising. Also, i was explained what i already knew from reading the threads but never considered: A WET SYSTEM CAN LEAVE THE ENTIRE OEM SYSTEM STOCK AND SHOOT WHATEVER AMOUNT U LIKE (50-200). THOUGH RETARDING TIMING AT LEAST 2 DEGREES IS RECOMMENDED). So i left with that helpful info and am now on my way to a 100 shot single dry fogger system. Traded the 7MGE for new OEM's. I need two headlights though.

I'm gonna post pics of car when its done and all. Tryin to make it to this event next weekend with it, and it is yet to be painted or has the music been installed, and the 22's are still not mounted, all because i went of on this tangent of becoming a speed demon. Its adictive. Gotta become faster.

Think i might be in the rookie stage of becoming...

LEXTREME

Beside being larger injectors. I think there are something is wrong with something. Even with 315cc your car still start and idle. I have friends with 360cc and idle is just little rough but ok. Wet system was mentioned to you few threads away, but i am not sure why u increase injectors in the first place. However, please keep us updated.

Its just a habit of being excessive. Hence the size rims and the amount of music. Not even a 100 shot can get that boat i've created any quicker. Yeah, i think its the injectors though. Damn eBay. 8 for 50 was obviously too good to be true. But will update finished product soon. Thankx