5.0 Stroker

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Gang,

I am collecting some 2UZFE parts and see if it is possible to get custom rods, and pistons along with Tundra Crank to increase 4.0 to 5.0 liters. What do u guys think?

absolutely awesome

if there was a set list of instructions and a defined cost for this sort of thing i think a lot more people would do it.....

theres something nice about the name 5 litre o and the torque would be fantastic

so whats the plan
BORE: 91mm
STROKE: 96mm

or

BORE: 94mm
STROKE: 90mm

or
BORE: 94-95mm
STROKE: 89mm (CORR Tundra crank)

Whats the limit of the 1uz-fe block ?

Lextreme said:
Hey Gang,

I am collecting some 2UZFE parts and see if it is possible to get custom rods, and pistons along with Tundra Crank to increase 4.0 to 5.0 liters. What do u guys think?
David, is the Ross piston GP still on? Or are you building two motors?

John

Peewee,

I agree.

Let it rev and get your capacity from the bore.

You need to increase the stoke by such a large margin to get to 5.0l you may as well run a 308!

If you could re-sleeve to something like 100mm it would give you capacity to burn and engine will rev it's head(s) off.

Once you got 5+litres then supercharge it.

They can be resleeved , but unfortunately when boring the std liners
out they can pick up and destroy the block ( it happens)
this leaves you with a block of scrap value alloy..or an expensive coffee table
(these are available with pollished legs and glass top)
the only simularity 308's have with this engine group is that they also burn the crappy fuel that is served too us by the oil companys here
the lexus just does a much better job.

Sounds like there neds to be a fixture made to correctly machine the liners.
I like the idea; M5 has the same size valves as 1ufze, has 4.9liters of displacement, capable of nearly 500hp N/A.

I think you could go a bit longer than stock on the stroke. We are not even coming close to not being able to rev too much on the 1UZ crank. If I am not mistaken, the 2UZ has another 1.5mm stroke. This is still shorter stroke than the 2JZGTE, which revs to 8500 rpm.

I would really like to do this eventually (I actually have a complete 2UZ longblock in the garage), and my first guess at a bore/stroke would be 95mm bore and 86mm stroke, using a offset ground 2UZ crank and new cylinder liners. Anyone know if this can be done?

Perhaps it would be cheaper to just keep 82.5mm stroke and bore to 98mm. Does anyone know if 98mm bore is really possible, even with cylinder liners?

What is the max the stock motor and rev to before it starts to destroy itself? I always kind of thought the stock rev-limiter was kinda low...what can you do to get it to rev higher and how high will it be able to rev with those parts?

I am getting a Tundra Crank from one of our members name TundraEddie. He is also a moderator in Tundrasolutions.com I will play around with it.

What is the max the stock motor and rev to before it starts to destroy itself? I always kind of thought the stock rev-limiter was kinda low...what can you do to get it to rev higher and how high will it be able to rev with those parts?
The stock limit is really low because the cams are REALLY conservative.
The stock bottom end can handle a good 8500-9000rpm (I will be testing this hopefully later this year), but the stock cams run out of power at 6000rpm.

You will need cams to rev the motor past 6500 while making any power.

Does anyone produce cams for the 1UZ? I would want something that makes more power, but is still streetable and suitable for FI later on down the road...anything to suit my needs?

Kelfords in NZ are just about to release brand new cams for the 1UZ.

There's a thread on their cams from around Christmas. Have a look and email them.

KELFORDS are not the only ones too release these cams they will be available through an american company ,made in usa. also to be released in europe made in china, and an australian cam manufacturer made here
the down side is that none of the manufacturers will commit to a release date or price
trust me i've tried too pin them too it to no avail
who ever gets there first has to be the winner but hopefully the others won't be too far behind as too keep the pricing competitive..???
then we need cams for the 2&3uz's also...

To put us back on thread a mm of bore is worth 3mm in stroke in the cpacity stakes.

Boring is cheaper thean making a new crank and cobbling up rods to fit.

New pistons should be available from something else. It's just a matter of sifting thru the catalogues long enough.