340E or 341E Tranny Upgrade

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Anyone know where i can get a build tranny? I plan to run high boost with my built motor single turbo LS400.... want something strong.... I am aiming for about 750 or so...

I think 750 is a big ask.

MV Automatics in Aus upgrade these.
But I think the about 400-500hp is about the max people are putting through them all the time. These are in drag cars so its either 400hp or idle. Not daily cars where 400hp is only used sometimes.

There is a guide to building it somewhere on the net but I can't find it.

You may have to convert to an oldskool GM tranny.

That guide would be very cool to find, since it may be rather tough to find replacement valve bodies to modify after going too far with mine.

they can hold heaps of power - but shock loading is what kills them.

there's a place here in Perth that mods them so the only way you know of a gearchange is the change in engine note.

they have this setup in an 11sec supra.

Guide to toughen up the a341e

Peewee said:
I think 750 is a big ask.

MV Automatics in Aus upgrade these.
But I think the about 400-500hp is about the max people are putting through them all the time. These are in drag cars so its either 400hp or idle. Not daily cars where 400hp is only used sometimes.

There is a guide to building it somewhere on the net but I can't find it.

You may have to convert to an oldskool GM tranny.

Here's the file I think you might be referring to - comes from the Turbo magazine site, I saved it last year when I came across it in google. I couldn't load the file up here as it's too big (1.3mb) so I parked it on my site - you can download it - it's the first link on the links page. http://edzoldholden.250free.com/links.htm or www.edzholden.com

Cheers
Edz

SO, I guess the LS400 uses the 340E Trans? Interesting. I contacted my local Lexus dealer, and gave him my VIN Number...He told me that my car was equipped with an A640E Transmission. Anybody know the difference?

Thanks,

Ryan

A640E is wrong.
He must have misread it.

You will either have A340E or A341E (or A350E for the 5 speed)

I'm not sure if they still do it, but have a look around the engine bay, it may be stamped on a plate

Attachments

• 18 - engine + gearbox in car1.JPG
    18 - engine + gearbox in car1.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 19 - engine + gearbox in car2.JPG
    19 - engine + gearbox in car2.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 8
SC400T said:
SO, I guess the LS400 uses the 340E Trans? Interesting. I contacted my local Lexus dealer, and gave him my VIN Number...He told me that my car was equipped with an A640E Transmission. Anybody know the difference?
There is an A650E which is a 5speed.

So maybe the A640E is the 4speed version of this.

What the difference between A341E and the A340E. I think they use both in the MKIV TT so whats the difference? Which is a better trans?

I thinking it is only difference. a341 was in lexus LS 400, a340 was in lexus sc400. I have both. must say that shorter first gear makes big, big difference. LS is slow out of hole. sc is much faster, but at highway speed both are almost same quick.