1UZFE V8 into a 944 Porsche

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Ross Clarke

My project is building a road race car to compete in the 2006 New Zealand and the 2007 Tasmanian Targa rally.

The platform I have chosen for this build is a 1985 light weight 944 Porsche. We have fitted the car with a roll cage, upgrade 250bhp Porsche turbo twin calliper brakes, 800lb King front springs with Koni shocks and fully adjustable Koni suspension.

I have a Lexus 1UZFE stock motor that we want to develop to produce 400bhp, I plan to fit the 1UZEF as our race motor; however as new comers to Toyota V8s we have no idea as to what’s required to achieve this bhp out put? Any help or suggestions would be welcome. It has been suggested that ITB cams and headers achieve this. (Sorry as a thick Kiwi where do I get info on this equipment)?

If anyone has already planted a 1UZFE in a 944 I would love to know the most successful way of doing this. If not I will share the learning curve as we progress, we believe the car when finished will be a missile.
Email: [email protected]

Welcome to Lextreme.

You have a company in NZ that do individual throttle bodies for the 1UZFE engines:

1uzquadcam.co.nz

They also do all the other parts you will need for the ITB + camshafts and some other
odds'n'ends to these engines.

Thanks for the info on the New Zealand company, they are in the same city as me. Makes it easy for me to contact them.

Attachments

• ucf20_maf.jpg
    ucf20_maf.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 3
  • ucf20__ecu.jpg
    ucf20__ecu.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 0
LOL. Never thought of that. I am rebuilding my 968 Cab motor while my SC just laughs at it. An option I wish I though about beforehand.
Lee