1UZFE + carburator = ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
well sence the thread was drug up from the dead im intrested in the CSL Cams Inlet Manifold anyhow know if these are still around?

Hey guys, I'm building a 27 track T roadster. My plan is to use a 1UZFE v8 and completely discard of the engines computer and controls. Then build an intake manifold and install a carburator.

I have seen guys take late model 4 and 6 cylinder engines and doing this so I don't think i'm being totally ridiculous. My only concern is the 1UZFE ignition. I have seen that the 1UZFE has 2 distributor looking things on the intake cam shaft. Are these distributors in the traditional sense and is the control unit seperate from the ECU? If not could a guy rig up a control unit and coil from like MSD? I'm guessing you would have to use two control boxes and coils, one for each distributor, would I be right? That's if there is no way to use the stock stuff.

I'm sure the 1UZFE has a knock sensor of some sort to adjust the ignition timing, does anybody know if this ties in with the ECU or ignition control unit if there is a seperate one?

Is there anything I'm not thinking of to get the engine running? As you can tell I'm pretty clueless as of now, so tell me if I'm being totally retarded or it can't be done for some reason.

Thanks for the help.
CHUFF....... About 5 years ago I set up a 1UZFE setup in my 1973 LJ Torana that works perfectly with no computer gear at all. I still have this car. I am using twin 350 holleys on a modified factory intake upper that basically works like a plenum tunnelram. For ignition I fitted a ford flathead V8 dizzy (this was the only expensive item but it is short and compact) triggering spark from a Chrysler electronic ignition module and conventional coil. Also I have built stepped, tuned length race headers for it with merge collectors. Desktop Dyno projections for this setup are in the range of 420Hp. at 7300rpm. using 98 octane premium pump fuel. The car has been undergoing a full resto the last 3 years but will be on the road for testing and tuning in the next few months. The engine is smooth, responsive and drives beautifully. I friend of mine made me a controller for the 4 speed auto transmission that operates it like a tiptronic, however the gearbox will shift manually without this, it just doesn't select overdrive. I am happy to provide you with video of the engine running and any other detailed pic's and information you may want. All work has been done by myself here at home and I can assist you with duplicate components for the ignition if you wish. Feel welcome to contact me with an email address and I will share what I have with you. You are welcome to post the info also.... This is my first ever forum so I am not yet familiar with posting pic's and info yet. Cheers.

CHUFF....... About 5 years ago I set up a 1UZFE setup in my 1973 LJ Torana that works perfectly with no computer gear at all. I still have this car. I am using twin 350 holleys on a modified factory intake upper that basically works like a plenum tunnelram. For ignition I fitted a ford flathead V8 dizzy (this was the only expensive item but it is short and compact) triggering spark from a Chrysler electronic ignition module and conventional coil. Also I have built stepped, tuned length race headers for it with merge collectors. Desktop Dyno projections for this setup are in the range of 420Hp. at 7300rpm. using 98 octane premium pump fuel. The car has been undergoing a full resto the last 3 years but will be on the road for testing and tuning in the next few months. The engine is smooth, responsive and drives beautifully. I friend of mine made me a controller for the 4 speed auto transmission that operates it like a tiptronic, however the gearbox will shift manually without this, it just doesn't select overdrive. I am happy to provide you with video of the engine running and any other detailed pic's and information you may want. All work has been done by myself here at home and I can assist you with duplicate components for the ignition if you wish. Feel welcome to contact me with an email address and I will share what I have with you. You are welcome to post the info also.... This is my first ever forum so I am not yet familiar with posting pic's and info yet. Cheers.

I'd like more info on that as well, as I still have that Comet project and woudl like a similar setup...

cvetters3
@
comcast.net

Further information on the Holley intake manifolds..... Turns out they were made by Harcourt Racing here in Australia. I have not been able to establish if Harcourt are still making them yet but will keep following up.

thats what happened when i tryed the email you posted earler. even tho my project isnt really going in that direction at the moment i would love to have one of these carb manifolds sitting around. so i would love to know who sells.

I will keep working on it....... Harcourt is an 'old school' company and has no website but I have every contact I know asking questions about them so fingers crossed for a positive result. I will post any further info when I get some. I want one for the same reason, just to have to compare to my current tunnel ram setup.

what a coincidence eh? The Ebay seller is also in Brisbane as I am and I have never heard of him. Twin 600's are way too much carb for the 4L. I am pretty switched on with Holleys and tried a pair of 4 barrels on mine and it had no bottom end at all. Simply wouldn't accept wide open throttle at anything less than 4000rpm regardless of jetting!! even a pair of 500 2bbl's were too much for it but the pair of 350's I am using now are perfect everywhere.

Here is a brief glimpse of mine running in the car... a bit dark I know but what could you expect from a mobile phone? LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPeEVsBK9w

I got a reply from the guys in NZ and will follow up on the leads he gave me and post what I find.

Chuff... If you would contact me again with an email address that works I will send the info you wanted. I tried to send to the email you gave me but my messages kept getting returned. Cheers.

lexus lj...i am fitting a 1uz fe from a soarer sc400...i really want to fit a edelbrock 500 or 600 cfm carb...what parts do i need to get excactly to run it on a carb so i can delete all the hard to wire in stuff...
what dizzy
what coil etc etc and where can i get the carn adapter plate... bearnigel at yahoo dot com please help...cheers...in uk