1UZ swap into Series 2 RX7

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
What's that old adage about car projects - they cost twice as much and take three times as long as planned? Or is it three times as much and twice as long?

haha too true John, we've already had a serious cost overrun, I think twice the original budget should cover it... it's the little things that you don't factor in... everytime I go down to the engineering shop to buy a couple of bolts, it usually costs around $100 or so by the time you factor in the grade of bolts, the head type, washers, locktite, some shiny new tool that they have on special etc...

in future, when I budget, if I can itemise it, the minimum price I'll allow per item will be $100... I think we've spent a few hundred dollars on hose clamps alone... gahh, I don't want to think about it...

Howdy all,
Here's a quick update on project RX7.
The brakes and clutch are in and bled. The drivers side exhaust flange had to be modified to fit the clutch slave cylinder properly, no real hassle, just couldn't find a slave cylinder with the feed and bleed at the top so extended the header slightly to give enough clearance.

With a bit of luck the car should be in for an exhaust in the next week or so, then we need to fit new hand brake and throttle cables, fibreglass the dash, put all of the glass back in and we should be almost ready to go.

We're moving house in the a couple of weeks so most of the car jobs will be put on hold again. Mind you, the car stuff would be a lot easier to move if everything was back together... now I just need to convince my missus that this will some how make her job easier...

Muzz

Nice work, it'll be great fun.
We could probably get the 7 on the road in the next few weeks, but the cert can't happen till we get all of the cage related requirements sorted (lots of hassles). It doesn't help either that the people we've got to see for that are on holiday till the 15th!

yeah the homologation and cert process can take a while...

Ill try get some footage of the next circuit event, just trying to find an in car mounted bracket for the video camera :)

Awesome muzz thats great to here! lookin forward to the meet. i still havint got mine wof,regd or certed yet lol im totally out of coin for a while, i really shouldnt be driving it

Beg or borrow some money Riley and get it certified, the cost of a ticket for no WOF or reg and being ordered off the road would likely cover the cert... don't hash it up for others! It should fly through cert any way.

Muzz

Sweet see if you can get some pics while its on the hoist so we can see the underbelly of this beast. Its always a buzz when you first hear it crack into life with a decent exhaust in place.