1UZ starter woes

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MaccyD

Hi Guys

Ive attached a video to make this simple (sound require). This is a 1UZ conversion in a 200SX using a kit from swap1uz. The engine hasnt been turned over or ran in 6 months. Does this sound like the starter motor is broken or does it sound more sinister than that. Any help apreciated.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9t60BCBZfw

Also, my gearbox adaptor plate blocks the bolts for the starter motor. What im wondering is if i can undo them and basically push the motor towards the front of the car to remove it, treating the bolts as though they are captive bolts? If that makes sense. Id hate to go through taking the intake system off just to find i cant even remove it.

Many thanks

sounds like the starter is throwing out but not engaging into the ring gear. could be a stuffed clutch in the starter or something broken in there. Otherwise a serious alignment issue. Start by checking the motor actually rotates using the front crank nut. Then get the spanners out and the measuring stick and start checking. Another helpful tip would be to use something to see where the drive gear is meshing with the ring gear. bearing blue works well or even some paint will do the job. What starter are you using? which ring gear? Cheers

Standard starter and i think the flywheel is a 3s-gte mr2 turbo flywheel.

If its alignment issues then im completely buggered i think. Im hoping its the starter. I remember trying to throw out the starter motor when i put the flywheel on and it seemed ok. Id have though id be hearing grinding an like a machining type noise if it was a bit misaligned as it tried but failed to engage.

If i can take the starter out with the engine in situ by removing the inlet then that would be great. plus i could get a look through there and see whats going on.