1UZ Stainless Headers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Matt, its going slow as usuall. Im probably going to be finishing the final things on the Left header and starting the Right header this weekend.

As for the manifold, it will be just a single plenum, short runner manifold, with forward facing TB(s). Either duel individual TB's or a single with duel butterfly's haven't figured it out you. I haven't figured out all the details as of yet but It will be something along the lines of the attached photo just to give you an idea. I am toying with the idea off doing it out of stainless steel of ceramic coated mild steel. The reasoning behind using steel insted of aluminum is far less heat soak and thus cooler denser intake air which would equal more power.

Looking good mate. Hydraulic throwout for the clutch i assume looking how tight it all is?

Justen, Thanks..... Yes sir, Hydraulic release assembly. Although there would be enough room just about the top secondary to use an external slave with a release fork but I'd rather not due to the heat heat rise from the header pipes. Yeah, they are stainlss and thus offer up great heat retension but still dont want to take any chances.

Matt, its going slow as usuall. Im probably going to be finishing the final things on the Left header and starting the Right header this weekend.

As for the manifold, it will be just a single plenum, short runner manifold, with forward facing TB(s). Either duel individual TB's or a single with duel butterfly's haven't figured it out you. I haven't figured out all the details as of yet but It will be something along the lines of the attached photo just to give you an idea. I am toying with the idea off doing it out of stainless steel of ceramic coated mild steel. The reasoning behind using steel insted of aluminum is far less heat soak and thus cooler denser intake air which would equal more power.

That manifold will be sick. Really jealous that you can weld at your place lol.

Headers are Finished!!!!

I finally finished the passanger (right) side header today and thus the set is complete now... Now it's time to put the engine and headers in the Supra...

Here are some picturs (enjoy)

Progression of the passanger (right) side header from where I left off....
Image010.jpg

Image009.jpg

Image008.jpg

Completed passanger (right) header.
RightHeaderComplete002.jpg

RightHeaderComplete001.jpg

Congratulations on finishing this part of your project...

Now get the rest of the project under power!

Thanks John..... This time next week I'll be driving the car with the UZ in it... Ok well I hope to be and dont see any reason why I wouldn't be... I actually getting ready to walk out the door right now to go start the actuall swap....

The fun part with the swap is going to be the manual brake conversion (yes, I said manual brakes.. LOL)....

Good we can start my headers now ;-)

Attachments

• P1010026.jpg
    P1010026.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 36
  • P1010024.jpg
    P1010024.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 25
  • car.jpg
    car.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 25
Any plan to make some for our members?

Possibly.... If I do end up doing some for other, its just going to be on a one by one bases because of one not having the equipment nor time to handle a larger production run (so to speak)... I have actually been in contact with a couple of members about doing some one-offs for them.

I still just love your headers!

Those arnt to far from these Rush headers I bought. These have a 1.75 Primary feeding into 2" pipes feeding into a 2.5"
Of course they probally wouldnt fit your application but for the money they are a steal.

DSCF1783.jpg
DSCF1780.jpg
DSCF1778.jpg
DSCF1782.jpg

I'll tell ya, looking at the Rush headers now and mine, the Rush units might have actually worked......

As for the them being a steel, I dont think they are nearly as cheap as what it cost me to build mine as long as you dont add time into the equation....