1UZ putting out 480Hp at 11,000RPM with 4 barrell carb

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I barely understood every mispelled word you said....Don't worry man I am not an English major either.... It was challenging reading your last post but I understood your message thanks to my extensive years of working in the Secret Service code breaking department and also my many years of Egyptian hyrogriphics deciphering training......It appears it all paid off...(just kidding around with you)

If it makes you feel any better mathematics I have always excelled in, but spelling and grammar were never my stong points and I'm an American.. How pathetic is that?...Infact the edit function is my best friend after writing long posts.....Anyway, I live with it and still smile daily..........:veryhappy

fuggers, try...

http://www.marxmotorsport.com/

MadPhil of this forum (who looks like he hasn't posted since '05) runs a 1UZ NZ stockcar with a CSL Cams inlet manifold. You should be able to look at some pics on his site.

He did reply to an email from me and got me CSL's email address. Never got an email reply from CSL despite trying several times. From Google... CSL Cams. Address: 53 Bourke St Palmerston North. Phone number: 0-6-356 3700

Also Phil wrote " The other people who I think make good inlet manifolds are Danby Machine & Development Ltd, but I don't know if they have email +64 7 868 8284. I
haven't dealt with them but many other racers in my class have good engines
built by Rex, and I think he makes his own inlet manifolds"

I haven't bothered phoning as being about 12 hours time difference it's never easy.

Mate if you find out anything more please let me know.

Cheers
Mark

barry ?
so that must be a belt stel vvt not the diff styel vvt or magnet type. i didnt know they had vvt out can we plant them are they univesal vvt heads or is a block base vvt i have only just stared trying my tranplant but thous carbs look good idear i saved the site offline try ring hunt down bit later

skid said:
fuggers, try...

http://www.marxmotorsport.com/

MadPhil of this forum (who looks like he hasn't posted since '05) runs a 1UZ NZ stockcar with a CSL Cams inlet manifold. You should be able to look at some pics on his site.

Sorry have been so busy (which is why there have been a lack of posts).
I have a new set of billet cams from Kelfords to try in the engine for this coming season http://www.kelford.co.nz/
I think they are the 207-E grind from memory. I thought about running the 207-G grind but I don't want to rev the engine that hard.

Oh I know the HPX ignition is old in technology but with only 3 wires to set the whole system up anyone can do it and set the timing of the engine and its very reliable.

I don't think there is any point in running more than a 650cfm carb or even a double pumper, as the engines just aren't large enough to use all that fuel. Your'd probably end up with bore wash, thinning the oil and running a bearing...been there done that. Unless of cause your only going to be running the car above 6800rpm, otherwise you will just flood it to death and end up with less acceleration than a nissan micra.

Here are some videos of the first time we ran the 1UZ in my old car a couple of years ago. With the first set of cams, 1 7/8" (48mm?) primaries running into 3" flowmasters

http://www.geocities.com/stockcar53a/

or
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/...first time we had built one of these engines.

Attachments

• HPIM0133.JPG
    HPIM0133.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 34
hq had the same probs with rocks when you take exhaust out and put in straight through fuled the oile you need too hold heat stop full throttle and don't over cool by oil .temp meant to be keep by thermostat cant text time out brb

Attachments

• Exhaust.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pics of CSL type 4 bbl manifolds for 1uzfe

fugly said:
Anymore info &/or photos on this stock car engine?
Interested in the carby manifold in particular.
Here are some examples for you.

By the way guys, please don't innundate CSL with a million questions if you're not genuinely interested in their wares. These photos should give you an idea of what has been done. There is plenty of info on the net about intake manifold design if you're thinking of making your own.

Before any Australians rush off to swap to a 4 barrell over the injection PLEASE check with your local EPA and RTA as to whether they are legal.

I know in NSW you need to pass the EPA emissions standard fro the year the engine was built or the year the vehicle was built if the engine is older than the car. This means a 1992 engine in a 1985 car must meet 1992 emissions. Whilst the same 1992 engine in a 2000 model car must meet 2000 standards.

This means an engine with a 4 barrell will have to run at least as clean as the standard injected engine.

Look before you leap.

But you can run a different injection system with this manifold as well. You put bungs for the injectors and then use a four barrel TB and might make more power on a modified engine.