1UZ into falcon? has BEEN DONE all updates here

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
MWP said:
So whats included in the full kit?
I was going to do the same thing from CRS including a recon beefed-up W58 (has larger input bearings).
new ring gear and flywheel, new clutch and presure plate, throw out fork and bearing, spigot bush or bearing(your choice) slave cyl and rod, bell housing .
i thinks thats all you need and get?
got your own box yet? if not i am pretty sure they were a reasonable price?

registered the Red car today, then removed the 6 cyl motor LOL.

Well Progress has Begun,
car is RWC and Registered. pulled the Motor this Arvo after rego at 2pm.
i will repaint the engine Bay after i mount the Radiator and fans as i need to cut here and there and Modify radiator Mounts a little.
once thats Done, I think(read Hope) i can just bolt the engine back in.
will post as normal(when something of significance happens)
the 6cyl motor will peplace the lexus Motor in the Ute, might be worth it?
good padock bomb otherwise
redwithcrane.jpg

redenginebay.jpg

redbonnetup.jpg

NEED A NEW(secondhand) LH ENGINE MOUNT please.....

Well got the engine bay looking nice and pretty, and was going to drop the motor in, BUT... the left hand engine mount is stuffed CROWN TYPE and i wont fit the motor in until i get another as its very hard to access.
if anyone has one they can do without let me Know please ASAP.
thanks Dean

redfreshpaint.jpg

Hey Dean, all looking good. appears as though you will have it running in no time.
I think my mounts were stuffed and I threw them but I will check out what is in the front cut pile...Kris

krayn said:
I think my mounts were stuffed and I threw them
sounds like a common Problem, i was thinking about it last night, and i will try to find a mount that is of similar thickness and similar mounting arangement,
as long as the thickness is near enough i can make one fit by drilling new holes in the to mating surfaces. I'll send you a PM if i get desperate and want to use the crown one, thanks Kris
Yeah, the Bell housing stuff is arriving next week and i want to drop the Motor in ASAP, providing i can get the wiring sorted again Quickly, the exhaust and tailshaft should be the only thing that causes me any hassle, if at all(famous last words i Know)
thanks Dean

MOTOR is out of the UTE

right starting to get some progress now, the motor is out of the ute and sitting on the ground.
My package from Bulletsupercars has arrived with all the bits i ordered, so i will be fitting a new rear main seal, bolting on the flywheel and clutch(might go to my Dads house and make a clutch aligning tool in the lathe yet)

all i need to do then is swap a brake booster over from my other Ute(the one in the red car is a bit "funny") fit the steering box after i adjust some slop out.(big job to fit steering box when motor is in)
run the wires for the headlights and other non Toyota electricals
work out where i need to drill a hole in the floor for the computer loom to come through, and it will be time to mount the motor not long later
i will probably have the clutch all fitted to the motor, then fit the gearbox from under the car?
hoping i can have the motor in on Wednesday?

lexusmotoroutoftheUte.jpg

krayn said:
Hi Dean,
Making good progress by the looks. Keep it up, not long now. Will have to catch up when both machines back on the road.Kris
yeah i'd love to catch up one day soon Kris, maybe mid March?
this bloody weather has upset My plans, damn this outdoor garage idea LOL.
i have decided i will fit the gearbox to the motor while it is out of the car, as the beel housing being attatched to gearbox would be difficult to manouver otherwise., should have that done today(weather permitting)
havent done much else since last time, i am trying to make things simple i hate having to do things twice or the hard way.
i dont think i will have much luck with the weather versus time this week, i go back to work on Thursday.i think i should also be lloking at getting the diff swapped to the one i am going to use sooner than later(has a different flange for UNI joint EB type for those that know which is stronger)
then as soonm as i have the motor and trans in position i can measure for the tailshaft and hopefull that will be ready before i need it.
then there will be lots of little sorting out to do again like speedo calibration, temp guage calibration, thermo fan switching temp etc.
let the games begin
have fun, Dean

well, i got the supra box fitted to the motor Today cut the trans wiring plugs from the engine loom too.
also cut all the wires from the ECT loom and separated it from the ECU loom, still want to tidy it up a bit yet, its still spread out as in the pic.
I hope it will still work after i put it back together?:shrug:
got the steering box back in, and refitted heater assy, should have pedal box and dash back in hopefully Tomorrow, i would like to drop the motor in the bay now too, but i dont want to forget anything, once its in it is staying in
LexusV8withsupraboxfitted.jpg

lexusdeletedtranscomputerandwiring.jpg

Its In!!!!!

well its In, heres a pic.
i have got 2 bolts on each engine mount plate, and a temporary gearbox cross member which will need to be modified. also need to source a gear shift housing which is the most further back available.
dash is completly fitted again with manual pedals etc.
i scratched the engine bay paint in a few places, well nothing i wasnt expecting anyway
V8inXE.jpg

still on Scedule for March 2006

Getting there bit By bit, I trimmed all excess wires from the computer looms, made the battery tray fit with the bigger radiator, removed some engine wiring as i have a diiferent way of doing some Relays and mounting. radiator is Just sitting there for the Moment so i can take measurements around battery etc. Bottom hose from Crown Might work as the top as seen in Pic? the NEW LS400 bottom hose fits Ok to the lower outlets on Motor and EF falcon radiator.
i finally got around to fitting the 4 cam spark plug cover i bought off David(lextreme) looks better IMO. i managed to fit the computer in the Left Kick panel like a Standard Falcon, wires were Just long enough, i ran them through under the Heater assy just left of the exhaust manifold(was a prick of a job getting the Holesaw to cut on a 45 degree floor angle(made an oval hole) but it looks like you wont even Know once the carpet is down)
i Need a W58 shifter housing in the Rearmost position, let Me Know ASAP if ou have one.

Hope to fit Petrol Tank and Diff this weel so i can run fuel pump wires and Measure for the Tailshaft to Be made. i might Be able to start the engine on Saturday(4 days away? hope i havent stuffed up in My wiring:bigeyes: :eek1: )
Heres a pic, the 4WD guys would love to have this much room behind radiator let alone the width of Mine also..
Cant wait, feel free to ask Questions etc.

V8gettingcloser.jpg

Hey dude, wired up me mates xf on weekend, started first pop, I wired it an left the ecu's an wiring sitting on the engine bay flank an said "it starts an runs YOU make the **** fit inside", he he. will post up some pics soon, ex fitted today cant wait to drive it

hi-lex said:
Hey dude, wired up me mates xf on weekend, started first pop, I wired it an left the ecu's an wiring sitting on the engine bay flank an said "it starts an runs YOU make the **** fit inside", he he. will post up some pics soon, ex fitted today cant wait to drive it
COOL,
cant wait to see pics, ex fiited today(is that exhausts? which car the falcon???)
will you post in here or start a new thread i dont Mind either way just let me Know how it goes,
YEAH the wiring is the biggest **** to fit and work out, i didnt upset many wires, and the ones i did i checked against the wiring diagrams and it looks OK(i hope)
the EA Falcon gear box crossmember looks to have the right shape but seems way too high if in the Toyota mount, will sort that out when i feel like playing UNDER the car(not looking forward to that)
Lots of 1UZ Falcons coming to Fruition at once, BLOWN EA, Me3 , mine, your mates..... whose will be up and running first? 2 weeks i expect mine will be Damn close
thanks Dean

Yeah was talkin bout the xf ute, exhaust done today will go for listen an maybe drive tomorrow, he is puting twin pipes with just cats no mufflers, somehow I dont think it will sound too good as these things are really crackley like a 253 holden but I guess we wait an see, hope the tailshaft holds up???

hi-lex said:
Yeah was talkin bout the xf ute, exhaust done today will go for listen an maybe drive tomorrow, he is puting twin pipes with just cats no mufflers, somehow I dont think it will sound too good as these things are really crackley like a 253 holden but I guess we wait an see, hope the tailshaft holds up???
i have heard one with straight twins, with ONLY a resonator in each.... not my cuppa tea, mine had a nice Note with the 2.5" single commodore muffler(hardly hear it now with a 250 falcon motor going through it)
really hoping the 2.5" mandrel bent with turbo muffler will sound good when i hook it up to twin cat then into ypipe(thats the current plan)

what size is the tailshaft? the 2.92 doiff is too tall for any fun(other than over 100kmh in 1st gear)
the 3" thick wall is what died.(bumpy road and high speed with 3.45 diff)..... I am going probably 3.5" maybe thinner wall( i have told the tailsshaft bloke what to expect with me driving and i dont want a recurance)

i find the Note sounds like a Rover V8? Holden Motors sound good to Me, most Lexus Donks with some sort of sports system sound nice
Good luck, i would love some pics or Video if you know how to make it happen???
thanks Dean

Gday,
i tried to start the Beast a few days ago after sorting the wires, but had one left over and thought it might not be important.....Well the wire i left was important.(thanks to the wiring diagrams on this site, easily traced to computer pplug then referenced to pin numer = requires power)... joined it up and it started and settled to a nice idle.

bought an XF EFI accel cable and like it was Meant to be, it fits like a bought one. (albeit a tiny bit looser in the throttle bracket)

mounted the diff with EF flange, measured for tailshaft which should be ready for Satuday week install.
also sent off the clutch line to be remade with Toyota bit one side and falcon on the other. also ordered new Brake pads and i have put in My good second hand dics to have a shave. so Saturday week i will Be Very Busy.

have not got the Dash working Yet.... might have missed a plug or not connected one fully? the fuel guage works and the ignition switch works. will sort it out soon.

the Exhaust is now beyond a band aid to get to the shop, the crossover pipe fouled on the CRS bell housing so i cut it up..... Looks like it Might Be trailered/towed to get the New Exhaust fitted

still have to wire up thermo fans, and make top mounts for the radiator, paint the battery tray, and have to wait for a couple of weeks for a supra shifter assy that mounts the stick back further.

i think i am still on track for the first week of March to test drive.