1UZ-FE dyno day, 127 to 180 rwkW N/A

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
?? Kevin Band thought it was OK for stock heads and cams.
Just saying that dyno figures from OZ and NZ dont seem to be close.
Again asking what temperature and pressure are your figures corrected to ?

Sorry I just realised you had written stock heads and (cams). With out cams you wont get any more power they are crap and run out at 6000rpm. Only boost or nitous can push it past that. With nitrous you wont get any more than 300kw at wheels as the engine just cant breath any more in with sock cams. With turbos 350-370 is possible

Choke, how about posting a dyno sheet with your correction factors shown?

Also, are you using a Dynojet, or other?

Just saying that dyno figures from OZ and NZ dont seem to be close.
I'd put money on this being it.
Over the years I've seen many NZ cars pull a lot higher figures than Aus cars. Just like most USA cars pull higher figures than Aus cars.

It would be interesting to send all the NZ stuff to Aus (the tuned link ecu, extractors, intake etc), put it on an Aus car and run it on an Aus dyno.

I'd hazard a guess that the figures achieved would be inline with what we get here.

Old post but well dug up.

We spend all this money souping up our cars in Australia when we should really move to the US or NZ to get more power..... I'll settle with less power thanks, hehehe that should cause a stir.

Seriously though I would have thought there would have been standards for dyno's. After all a kg of apples is still a kg of apples wherever you are in the world. There must be something that is being overlooked here somewhere.

Dyno's should be callibrated to a known reference or the dyno sheets are not worth the paper they are printed on.

We spend all this money souping up our cars in Australia when we should really move to the US or NZ to get more power..... I'll settle with less power thanks, hehehe that should cause a stir.

Your barb probably went clear over the heads of those who might get stirred on this side, so no harm done ;-)

Dyno's should be callibrated to a known reference or the dyno sheets are not worth the paper they are printed on.

Agreed, and most aren't worth the paper wasted. Here in the US the Dynojets' results vary wildly depending on which tuner set it up, and how much his reputation "depends" on the results. Hence the joke "What do a 600 HP, 800 HP and 1200 HP Supra all have in common?" Answer "12 second time slips"

So to me the only "dyno" results worth comparing are 1/4 mile times & speeds, and even then there have to be some weasel factors for temperature, humidity, track conditions, and driver.

Sorry I just realised you had written stock heads and (cams). With out cams you wont get any more power they are crap and run out at 6000rpm. Only boost or nitous can push it past that. With nitrous you wont get any more than 300kw at wheels as the engine just cant breath any more in with sock cams. With turbos 350-370 is possible

With turbo way more than that :) On 17psi i'm over 400rwkw and it's intake not cams holding me back from more. True the cams are in need of replacement though and with cam swap i would really be testing out the stock bottom end :) Really loath to lose the awesome response the stock cams give so if i do go some cams they will be mild...say 264deg total duration max.

I dont believe a word "Choke on the smoke" is saying...

the poor spelling and punctuation leads me to believe that the person has the education of a 12 year old...

either way, I'll take my 2JZGTE anyday!

I dont believe a word "Choke on the smoke" is saying...

the poor spelling and punctuation leads me to believe that the person has the education of a 12 year old...

either way, I'll take my 2JZGTE anyday!

That sort of post shows no respect and reflects more on the poster !
I for one take offence at those comments.
Please remember to attack the post and NOT THE POSTER.

After all a kg of apples is still a kg of apples wherever you are in the world. There must be something that is being overlooked here somewhere.

Unfortunately the weight of air (kg of apples) varies depending on temperature, barometric pressure, and relative humidity.
Dyno figures should state what temperature, barometric pressure and relative humidity they were corrected to.
Most rolling road dyno sheets show the conditions existing at the time of the run but not what it was corrected to.

'Chokes' rolling road figures seem higher than I would expect and the NZ super stock engine dyno figure lower than I would expect.
Until we can arrive at some common atmospheric conditions and corrections (as well as tyre dia and ramp rates) we are all beating our heads against a brick wall.

I've been so long with the headache, I wonder what it will be like when it stops ???????
Oh well, pour me another one. Medicinal purposes only you know.

That sort of post shows no respect and reflects more on the poster !
I for one take offence at those comments.
Please remember to attack the post and NOT THE POSTER.

Im attacking both!

the numbers he is claiming seem near impossible, and the spelling and punctuation would suggest that it was written by a 12 year old talking himself up.

but hey, I guess Im not allowed to have my opinion am I.

Yes you have a right to an opinion and to post those opinions. But the right to post those opinions STOPS when you make PERSONAL attacks on another poster.

Erol

Im not making a personal attack, Im attacking his shocking spelling, etc, and simply pointing out that its about as good as a 12 year olds, and for that reason, I believe nothing he has posted.

Im not making a personal attack, Im attacking his shocking spelling, etc, and simply pointing out that its about as good as a 12 year olds, and for that reason, I believe nothing he has posted.

Bass, just FYI I counted at least 5 spelling & grammatical errors in your last post......

Some here don't have as well developed writing skills as others. That's not to say they're not intelligent, or mature individuals. Me, I happen to be terrible at speaking, so I tend to write everything.

Back to the post please,

My dog can lick his private parts but can't even write his own name, we can all do something.....

To expand my earlier comment.
Rock density will change the weight of 1 kg of apples due to it's increased or decreased gravitational pull but it's so small who cares we just call it 1 kg of apples because it's within the International standards Specification.

I think dyno's should have a certificate of calibration.
Other external factors such as air density / temp can be very easily recorded on the day and can help to explain variations.

Without standards of calibration for dynos international campartive data is not worth a pinch.

Multiple sets of data from the same dyno on the same day can be compared to each other as per the original start of this post but please don't call then kw's or Nm's if the dyno is not calibrated. All you have is units of measure.

Apples for apples

Well it looks like I started up a **** storm and I very sorry my spelling and punctuation is that of a 12 year old. Unfortunatley im 32 and dont need to be able to type or spell to build fast cars. I certainly need some help with computers as I cant figure out how to post a picture of some dyno sheets. But after all this bull **** I think I will just keep off this forum. I know our results are correct and our cars win races to prove what they can do. Just type in on the lextreme quarter mile dyno and our results peak for them selfs.

My coupe
1155kg with driver
10.7 ET
standard 1uzfe
twin fogger nitrous
4 into 1 headers
Link ecu

I wont bother coming back on here as I cant be bothered with small people with no tallent who have probably never built or owned anything but a playstation.

maybe... its spelt M A Y B E...

and now, someone is going to reply "what the f*ck is spelt, spelt isn't a word!"

My god you are a picky idiot. Can you write a book on how to be like you because you are obviously the man. I will buy the first copy so I can learn to be you. Im sure it will be a top seller exspecialy if you put a picture of you on the front doing what you seem to be good at (Playing with your cock)

Ps 2JZGTE Engines are just for people who cant handle 8 cylinders.

<Sigh> This is the kind of BS that always seems to happen when people express their opinions in the form of an attack. Keep it civil, or we'll lock the thread.